Website Axiom Bank
At Axiom Bank, you will be part of a diverse team in an environment that promotes collaboration, accountability, respect, and high ethical standards. We encourage you to aim for the sky and leverage your expertise and passion to excel. You’ll also have opportunities to help improve the communities we have been serving since 1962. Axiom Bank is a growing, dynamic organization – this is an exciting time to get on board!
The Assistant Branch Manager supervises the teller line with responsibility for a portion of the routine day to day operations. Assists customers with account openings, servicing requests and teller duties as needed. Provides prompt, friendly, courteous and accurate service according to the bank’s playbook. Sells the features and benefits of all products and services while meeting the needs of the customer. Ensures that security and audit procedures are followed as outlined by bank policy. Maintains a high standard of service excellence and ensures accuracy of transactions processed.
- Confer and participate with the branch manager in staffing, training, coaching, resolving routine employee performance issues, and scheduling hours and work.
- Responsible for conducting sales meetings in the absence of the branch manager.
- Provide operational support to the staff, including check authorization and resolution of customer issues.
- Proactively sell, promote and explain all products and services offered, cross-sell related products and services with emphasis on establishing multiple account relationships with clients.
- Proactively contact prospects via phone and outside calling activities to identify new clients and referral sources, assess customers’ needs to determine appropriate products and services.
- Process new accounts, maintenance requests and loan applications, ensuring documents are properly collected and processed and that collateral loans are secured.
- Maintain prescribed security controls to protect the bank against criminal and fraudulent activity. Ensures the application of, and compliance with regulation, bank policies, procedures, and operational integrity
- Follow company policies as directed to assure proper records are maintained and losses prevented.
- Cultivate relationships with the store associates to garner referrals of customers within and outside the facility.
- Develop ideas to help market the bank within the facility.
- Perform other duties as assigned to contribute to the overall operation and profitability of the branch.
Supervision of Personnel
Indirect – Branch employees
Work Environment/Physical Demands*
Typically an in-store environment. Ability to work in a small area, and interact face-to-face with customer over a four foot counter for an extended period of time. Ability to lift boxes of coin and money drawers weighing up to 30 lbs. Ability to retrieve and replace safe deposit boxes weighing up to 30 lbs., height up to 6 feet. Ability to reach over counter to help customers. Ability to reach upper cabinets for supplies. Ability to access facility. Ability to move through retail store to speak with customers. Ability to operate and read computer terminal screen.
High School diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
- One year supervisory experience (in-store experience a plus)
- Three years’ progressive retail banking experience.
- Fluency in English and Spanish (preferred)
- Excellent attention to detail, and interpersonal and management skills
- Ability to coach others
- Basic math proficiency and aptitude—ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in order to help customers with their transaction, and balance teller drawer
- Computer proficiency including MS Office suite, and ability to use core process teller and customer transactions, and balancing
- Write in a clear and concise manner in order to compose memoranda and complete various bank documents and forms
- Ability to handle teller transactions
- Ability to use verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with customers and other employees via phone and in person
- Ability to provide work direction and coach others
- Proven sales record; demonstrated strong interest in sales
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these tasks)
AXIOM BANK – Supporting communities. Improving lives. Working together toward your future.
At Axiom Bank, we believe in working together for a brighter future. Through our environment of collaboration and camaraderie, we offer a uniquely fun and rewarding place to develop your career. Axiom Bank is headquartered in Maitland, Florida and has 23 branch locations, with 22 branches located inside select Walmart Supercenters®.
We believe in the value of promoting a healthy work/life balance and are committed to recognizing the role everyone plays in our ongoing success through competitive benefits, as well as the guidance you need to learn new skills and shape our business and future. We proudly offer the following benefits to our Full Time Employees:
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Matching 401(k)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Company Paid Life, AD&D Insurance, Plus 100% Company Paid Short and Long Term Disability
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Axiom Bank are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Axiom Bank does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
Axiom Bank will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
It is the policy of Axiom Bank to conduct background, credit reference and drug screening tests as a condition of employment. Drug Free Workplace. EOE/AA/Minority, Female, Disabled, Veteran.
To be considered, all applications for employment must be submitted through the Axiom Bank Job board, https://www.axiombanking.com/about-us/careers/
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- If currently an Axiom Bank employee, you must have been in your current position for a minimum of 1 year, have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have the approval of your manager to post or the approval of your manager and HR to apply if you don’t meet the time-in-job performance requirement.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://axiombanking.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=596348 →