- preparing, cooking, and serving meals for Publix associates
- the responsibilities listed on this posting are not intended to be all-inclusive and additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- be at least 18 years old or at least 19 years old for positions in Alabama
- be able to work nights
- be able to work weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time
- have knowledge of cooking principles
- have at least one year of cooking experience in an environment where a variety of entrees and methods are used (for example, a restaurant, Publix cafeteria, or culinary school)
- have Food Safety Professionals certification or equivalent certification (within 90 days of his or her start date in the position)
- be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- be able to read, write, and solve math problems
- successfully complete a Basic Office Skills Test (before his or her start date in the position)
- be able to interpret, understand, and follow instructions
- be able to stand for long periods of time
- be able to bend, stoop, and twist
- have the ability to work well with others and be a team member
- show enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work and
- show commitment to Publix’s mission.
Work Environment: Temperatures could range from 0° to 85° Fahrenheit; also includes working in a wet environment.
- current Lakeland Distribution associate
- have more than one year of cooking experience in an environment where a variety of entrees and methods are used (for example, a restaurant, Publix cafeteria, or culinary school) and
- have Food Safety Professionals Certification or equivalent certification
Hours of Work: See Adittional Information
Frequency of Pay: Weekly
Minimum Base Pay: 11.20
Maximum Base Pay: 15.60
Potential Annual Base Pay: 23,296 – 32,448
Year End Bonus: To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in December. In the first year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to 15 hours of pay, and in the second year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to one week’s pay if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to two weeks pay.
Other Compensation Information: A $.50 per hour night differential is paid to associates regularly scheduled to work any hours between midnight and 3:00 a.m.
Benefits Information: ▪ Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
▪ An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
▪ 401(k) retirement savings plan
▪ Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
▪ Group dental plan
▪ Group vision plan
▪ Sick pay
▪ Long-term disability insurance
▪ Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
▪ Tuition reimbursement
▪ Vacation pay
▪ Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
▪ Paycheck direct deposit
▪ Credit union
▪ Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
▪ 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager’s approval: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://xjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=26173&siteid=5197&jobid=315536 →