Website Del Monte
Purpose of Position:
This position will be responsible for growing and producing primarily tomato crops. In this role, will also managing and supervise labor, equipment, and materials related to the operations on company operated farms.
- Oversee implementation of all phases of tomato production, including but not limited to seed variety selection, ground prep, chemical application, irrigation, fertilizer application, and pest management.
- Oversee general farm operations, including production and office schedules.
- Monitor quality of tomatoes, pesticides, fertilizers, and other chemicals used on product.
- Develop and maintain client relationships, including external and internal vendor relationships.
- Plan daily/weekly farming activities and labor, provide a weekly and seasonal forecast regarding harvest and control operating costs vs. budget.
- Collaborate with Assistant Farm Managers to recruit and coordinate farm workers for tomato production.
- Maintain good agricultural practices and adhere to all food safety policies and procedures.
- Communicate with Corporate office as related to product supplies, logistics and purchases.
- Assist the General Manager with planning of the location’s budget, to efficiently and effectively maintain farm operations.
- Complete field analysis and management reports for distribution.
Minimum Skills Required:
- 4 year degree in Agriculture, Agronomy (or related field), from an accredited institution, and/or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years of prior experience in agriculture (specifically tomato production), research and gathering of field information.
- At least 10 years prior experience in vegetable production.
- Excellent communication skills (i.e. oral and written).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
- Able to travel as needed to other farm locations in the region.
Preferred but not Essential:
- Bi-lingual: English and Spanish.
***Please note: This position does not qualify for relocation expenses.***
DEL MONTE FRESH PRODUCE IS AN EEO/AA/V/H
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://delmonte-hr.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.dspjob&jobid=217501&company_id=16058&version=1 →