Website Del Monte Fresh Produce Inc.
Purpose of Position:
This position will be responsible for providing logistic and supply chain support to farm and packing house operations in both Florida and Virginia.
- Obtain daily/weekly requirements from farm and packing house manager.
- Complete and process Purchase Orders.
- Work closely with Corporate Purchasing on supply orders, product specifications, vendor contracts, deliveries and related items for all farms and packing houses, with a ten (10) week forecast, ahead of each season.
- Primary point of contact for vendors and service providers.
- Coordinate physical inventory documentation on a weekly basis, to be reviewed by General Manager and Farm Managers.
- Submit water usage reports to SFWMD or SWFWMD and complete water management surveys as needed for Florida locations.
- Manage Chep and Bin Deliveries. Work with maintenance to obtainparts or materials needed for equipment to maintainland on all farms.
- Inspect and record mileage on a quarterly basis for all company vehicles, including drivers license and registration information for employees assigned to vehicles.
- Coordinate vehicle maintenance/repairs and dispatching of trucks from farms with product or materials.
- Maintain and update field measurements and plantings summary to upload into Produce Pro system every season.
- Maintain inventory of field and hauling tickets, as well as farm maps showing fields and blocks.
- Assist with the research of possible new crops including costs, yields, climatic dataand other related research.
Minimum Skills Required:
- 4 year degree in Agriculture, Agronomy (or related field), from an accredited institution, and/or equivalent work experience.
- At least 2 years prior experience in a similar role.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (i.e. oral and written).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Excel, Word, and Outlook, etc.).
- Must be able to travel as needed to other farm locations in the region (i.e. Florida and Virginia).
***Please note: This position does not qualify for relocation expenses.***
DEL MONTE FRESH PRODUCE IS AN EEO/AA/V/H
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://delmonte-hr.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.dspjob&jobid=217586&company_id=16058&version=1 →