|The fresh department associate is responsible for increasing customer confidence and loyalty by providing courteous and prompt service, consistent operating conditions and a friendly atmosphere.
|Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Provide continuous attention to customer needs; greet, assist and thank customers in a prompt, courteous and friendly manner.
- Arrange and stock fresh product and monitor food temperatures according to company specifications.
- Offer product suggestions when appropriate.
- Stock and rotate department (produce, floral, meat and seafood areas) products to ensure freshness and date control; restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate waste and to maintain the lowest supply cost.
- Perform duties related to fresh item management (FIM).
- Prepares simple floral arrangements and keeps plants and floral arrangements hydrated.
- Operate department equipment and tools including but not limited to pineapple corer, slicer, grinder, cooler, shrink film wrapper, scale, fish scaler, oyster knives, steamer, helium tank, and heat shrink dryer.
- Keep work area clean, orderly and free from safety hazards; report faulty equipment and hazards to management.
- Notify management of team member theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized mark-downs, property defacement or any action that is illegal and/or against company policy.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- High standard of integrity and reliability.
- Lives the Values by embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-driven showing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientated by passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passion through consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
|Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.