Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. Stryker products and services are available in over 100 countries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Job Description / Information
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. Stryker is active in over 100 countries around the world. Please contact us for more information at www.stryker.com.
Every day, our employees bring a passion to offer high quality medtech products and services that improve the lives of people around the world. That passion is the DNA of our company. We sum it up in the 11 words of our mission: “Together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better.” Our mission is at the heart of everything we do.
Taking great pride in developing and engaging our employees, Stryker was named to Fortune’s “Top 100 Companies to Work For” for and a Gallup Great Workplace in 2017. We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Supervisor in our Lakeland, FL facility.
The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for the direct supervision of non-exempt staff and coordinates the activities in a production area to meet the goals of engagement, production, quality and safety. The Manufacturing Supervisor establishes priorities within production schedules based on people, equipment and material supply and is responsible of improving manufacturing efficiencies using lean programs, such as Kaizen initiatives.
Specific responsibilities of the Manufacturing Supervisor include, but are not limited to the following:
• Manage the performance of 20 or more non-exempt team members to include:
• Coach/mentor and develop direct reports to encourage and support a high performance work culture and develop future leaders internally
• Promotes engagement of team members to meet or exceed production goals
• Ensures consistency in administration and compliance with company policies
• Drive compliance to FDA, ISO and all related regulatory requirements
• Ensures that all products meet/exceed established quality standards
• Develop, coordinate and/or implement production activities, schedules and methods to ensure goal attainment and ensure regulatory compliance
• Prioritize production schedules based on product, equipment, material and manpower variables
• Identify manufacturing efficiencies within product processes; lead Kaizen Program initiatives
• Participates in Operational meetings, Unit Reviews, Staffing Reviews and other presentations to senior management
• Liaison between management, support team and manufacturing associates
• Actively participates in and ensures that team members understand their Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S)responsibilities:
Ideal candidates will also possess the following skills/experiences:
• 2-5 years of experience in a related manufacturing environment or technical experience is preferred
• Must be able to generate and explain detailed proposals, guidelines, and procedures
• Ability to analyze and resolve non-routine product issues using independent judgment and ability to observe and correct minor inconsistencies related to production process, product appearance or documentation
• Must be able to routinely make decisions which affect immediate operations and may have a company-wide effect
• Demonstrated communication (written & verbal), presentation, partnership and influencing skills
• Demonstrated analytical skills with problem solving and process improvement orientation
• Knowledge of Lean tools (i.e.: Six Sigma) and supervisory experience in a Lean manufacturing environment is preferred
• Experience working in a highly regulated industry (e.g.: Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, Automotive, Aerospace) is preferred
• Ability to work with and assemble small objects and component parts
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds constantly to move objects
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://xjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25787&siteid=5361&jobId=455392 →