Kelly Engineering is looking for a planner for the Central, FL area. The right person will have 2 plus years of planning experience within in manufacturing.
General description of role:
The Production Planning Supervisor reports to the local Supply Chain Manager. The Planning Supervisor ensures all resources needed to complete the schedule are available and works with management to monitor the progress of work through the organization. The Production Planning Supervisor coordinates and provides leadership to evaluate and support the activities of all departments responsible for delivering products to customers on schedule. The Planning Supervisor assists in leading employees in those units of the Supply Chain function as assigned by the manager. Positions to lead include Inventory Coordinators, Shipping/Receiving Coordinators & Forklift Operators.
Most important results
- Effective and reliable planning that insures all customer expectations are delivered.
- Purchasing and scheduling delivery of materials that meets requirements of production schedule.
- Lead-time information used to ensure materials are received in a timely manner for staging and production needs.
- Accurate, detailed & timely communication with customers & staff that achieves consistent flow of information.
- Direct report employees are encouraged & developed, achieving a knowledgeable, engaged team.
- Standards and procedures are consistent across the department.
Key responsibilities of the role:
The Production Planning Supervisor’s main role is to lead in planning & establishing production schedules for a wide variety of customer products, involving diversified packaging, materials & ingredients to conform to requirements of the master production schedule. Monitors material inventories, tracks progress of production, and reviews factors that affect schedules. Makes necessary modifications to schedules and to incoming orders that supply the scheduled products. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead purchasing, inventory control, and utilization of materials, supplies, and equipment in support of the Supply Chain Manager.
- Lead, in partnership with & by direction of the department manager, activities engaged in the movement of raw and finished materials, storage, production scheduling, inventory control activities and all warehouse functions.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships and interactions with customers, vendors, truckers, other outside agents, department managers and all levels of employees.
- Attend production and communication meetings as required.
- Coordinate with outside groups such as Operations, Maintenance, customers, and vendors as required.
- Procure resources/materials as needed for production.
- Order all ingredients and packaging for production. Enter into Company systems and customer systems.
- Monitor ingredient and packaging open purchase orders to ensure the materials arrive as needed for production.
- Check customer systems for any error messages.
- Enter production schedules into Company systems and customer systems.
- Enter production amounts into customer systems.
- Work directly with supervision (Production, Quality Assurance, Blending) to monitor actual production throughput, adjust production schedule and inbound receipts as necessary.
- Set appointments with truck drivers.
- Communicate with Receiving area on any changes in orders and deliveries, update systems with any changes.
- Maintain all Bill of Materials (BOM) in company systems.
- Attend hold meetings and work on getting dispositions.
- Complete physical inventories as needed.
- Research discrepancies in inventory and correct.
- Coordinate with receiving to obtain any cycle counts needed to maintain inventory accuracy or as required for auditing or closing purposes.
- Enter, coordinate, and print information on the computer systems and customer computer data system; able to problem solve on the system, peripheral equipment and operating system.
- Maintain files for completed reporting.
- Maintain all paperwork for order & accuracy (ex: shipping documents, receipts, transfers, holds, etc.).
- Follow hold procedures.
- Provide coverage for other Production Planners and reporting as needed.
- Run reports to send to customers.
- Follow working standards, policies/procedures, task lists, training in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Adhere to GMPs and safety procedures as set forth by rules and regulations.
- Responsibilities during periods of absence of the Supply Chain Manager will be assumed by the Production Planning Supervisor or an appropriate alternate designee.
Profile of job holder:
- Associates or bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 3 years of directly related experience in Production Planning and Warehouse Operations.
- Possesses thorough knowledge of products.
- Able to maintain positive, regular communication with customers.
- Demonstrates the ability to conduct effective, productive meetings directly related to Production Planning functions.
- Demonstrates an excellent work ethic.
If you are interested and a fit please send your resume to Kristie at email@example.com
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2016 was $5.3 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.