Website DS Services
Overview of the Trainer position
The Training Specialist is responsible to develop and deliver training programs that align with the company’s long term strategies for the organization. This includes conducting needs assessments, designing curriculum and programs, delivering program content and evaluating impact to ensure that leaders and employees have the knowledge, skills and capabilities to perform successfully in their current and future positions. This role will also participate in the development of material in various formats to include, but not limited to, participant manuals, instructor guides, presentations, job aids, webpages, and case studies.
* Works with DSS leadership to identify recommended areas which require training.
* Teaches, evaluates and coaches employees while delivering, training, as well as provides corrective and/or critical feedback to assist employee improvement in quality.
* Assists in development and maintains course curriculum for new hire orientation and ongoing training for Credit and Collections positions by determining appropriate instructional methods (e.g., Individual or classroom training, group sessions, lectures, demonstrations, meetings, workshops, webinars, etc.)
* Incorporates a variety of presentation methods and applications to accommodate adult learning styles and ensures a professional classroom environment is maintained.
* Develops and conducts webinar training for both employees and managers.
* Coordinates training events to ensure proper training is provided to associates and that arrangements have been provided to meet associate’s needs.
* Remains current on developments in training and instructional methodologies including technology enhancements and attends periodic seminars, forums and meetings to ensure currency of education.
* Facilitates continuing education to existing Credit and Collections staff for new products and services, customer service skills and market launches.
* Leads special training related projects and ensures pace is kept to meet deliverables within prescribed timeframes.
* Assists in the design of leader and participant guides, job aids, and other required coursework that is clear, concise and accurate.
* Evaluates and tracks training effectiveness and recommends and implements improvements as appropriate.
* Maintains records and tracks all training on Learning Management System (LMS) including attendance, evaluations and quality reviews.
* Conducts company-wide surveys to assess further training needs.
* Supports change management and communication of company initiatives.
* Three (3) years of training experience in a classroom setting. Five (5) years preferred.
* Public speaking skills with the ability to engage learners throughout trainings and learning opportunities.
* Skilled in managing the classroom.
* Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and employees.
* Ability to design, develop and deliver functional skills training aligned with business goals and initiatives to drive results in a performance based learning culture.
* Ability to recognize performance improvement opportunities and gaps and clearly identify and articulate options and tools available to help drive desired behavior.
* Demonstrates ability to lead and facilitate small and large focus groups.
* Ability to coach, supervise, and appraise performance.
* Knowledge of instructional design methodologies, learner progression, and various delivery methods.
* Knowledge of learning evaluation models to measure the performance and effectiveness of learning interventions.
* Strong planning, organization and time management skills with the ability to manage changing priorities, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and adapt to a changing business environment.
* You must be a DS Services employee in good standing. (Candidates with written or final warnings will not be considered).
* You must be a DS Services employee for at least of tenure of three (3) months.
Who We Are
DS Services is a national direct-to-consumer provider of bottled water, office coffee and water filtration services. DS Services offers a comprehensive portfolio of beverage products, equipment and supplies to approximately 1.5 million customers through its network of over 210 sales and distribution facilities and daily operation of over 2,100 routes. With one of the broadest distribution networks in the country, DS Services can provide service to approximately 90 percent of U.S. households and efficiently services homes and national, regional and local offices. DS Services is dedicated to achieving its mission of becoming America’s favorite water, coffee and tea service provider where consumers live, work and play. Please visit our website www.water.comfor more information about DS Services. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1132807&d=DSServExternalCareerSite&r=5000233811706#/ →