YOU determine how much you earn as a Warehouse Selector- Flow Rack because your weekly pay depends on how efficient you are in selecting product for our stores! You set your own pace, and that determines the size of your paycheck. The average Publix Selector performs at a rate greater than 100% which means that you can earn above standard pay!
If you’re into cardio or running or the types of sports that require excellent eye-hand coordination, this job could be for you! Warehouse Selectors who work on the Flow Rack move quickly, picking hundreds of individual items per hour. Are you the competitive type? It pays to be the best because you are rewarded for working efficiently and with accurate results.
Warehouse Selectors – Flow Rack pull products ordered by Publix stores and place them into totes. To increase their efficiency, Selectors use state-of-the-art technology such as headsets, which tell Selectors which products have been ordered and where they are located in the warehouse. Without our Warehouse Selectors – Flow Rack, our stores couldn’t keep the shelves stocked at our more than 1,100 locations.
The responsibilities listed on this posting are not intended to be all-inclusive and additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- be at least 18 years old or at least 19 years old for positions in Alabama
- ability to work nights
- ability to work weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time
- ability to obtain certification in pallet truck and forklift operations (on or before his or her start date in the position)
- ability to select, lift, carry and stack product weighing 45 pounds
- ability to stand, bend, stoop, twist and do repetitive work for long periods of time
- ability to operate a pallet truck or forklift without any part of his or her body exposed outside of the operator compartment
- ability to work under strict time requirements
- ability to read, write, and identify and verify numbers
- ability to interpret, understand, and follow instructions
- ability to pass a Physical Agility Test (before the start date in the position)
- successfully complete a work attitude survey
Work Environment: Temperatures could exceed 90° Fahrenheit for an extended period of time.
- current Lakeland non-refrigerated Distribution associate
Hours of Work: 5:00PM – 3:30AM; Rotating schedule
Frequency of Pay: Weekly
Minimum Base Pay: 13.04
Maximum Base Pay: 16.30
Potential Annual Base Pay: Efficiency based pay.
Year End Bonus: To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in December. In the first year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to 15 hours of pay, and in the second year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to one week’s pay if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to two weeks’ pay.
Other Compensation Information:
- This position is paid under Standards Indexed Pay (SIP) guidelines. SIP is a flexible pay system in which associates pay will change weekly depending how efficiently they work that week. Selectors who successfully complete the training period will receive $16.30 per hour for 100% of standard.
- A $.50 per hour night differential is paid to associates regularly scheduled to work any hours between midnight and 3:00 a.m.
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
- 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager’s approval: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).