Website Polk County Clerk of Courts
- The Mission of the Clerk of Courts has a high degree of public accountability, regular attendance and punctuality is an essential function of this position.
- Support and comply with the Mission Statement and Code of Conduct of the Clerk of Courts.
- Maintain a high standard relating to professional conduct and behavior.
- Work cooperatively with other employees of the work unit and embrace a teamwork approach to completing tasks.
- Perform a variety of tasks within the Clerk’s Accounting Department.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Supervise the Accounting/Fiscal Department including quality and quantity of group work, planning, scheduling and goal setting for individuals and for the department as a whole and overseeing payroll reporting.
- Accounting responsibilities include Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, preparing journal vouchers and recording entries and adjustments
- Requires a thorough understanding of internal controls and the ability to design and evaluate internal control systems throughout the organization.
- Being able to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- All other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four year college or university in Accounting or related field. Five years related job experience.
- Ability to acquire or have knowledge of current procedures to accomplish tasks within areas of Clerk’s Accounting department and overall operation and workflow.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage work to meet necessary time requirements, performance measures, and work load and maintain attention to detail.
- Ability to remain flexible as conditions change and continue effective performance in the face of additional challenges.
- Ability to work with staff and the general public in a supportive, productive, and positive manner.
- Ability to cover the work of other employees to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to write detailed correspondence and reports. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of the organization and read and write English.
- Ability to remain flexible as conditions and procedures change and continue effective performance in the face of additional challenges. .
- Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook). Oracle software knowledge preferred. Microsoft Access knowledge preferred..
- Applicant must have the physical, developmental and mental ability to perform job tasks, work efforts, responsibilities and duties of the job illustrated above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust to focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Hiring rate: $50,000
Monday – Friday; 8:00am – 5:00pm: Click here for Veteran Preference