Website Colorado Boxed Beef Co.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support by preparing and processing Po’s, entering invoices, conducting research, entering data into operating systems, preparing reports, handling information requests, ordering needed supplies and performing administrative functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors and new hires, arranging conference calls, scheduling meetings, and routing incoming sales calls to the appropriate sales representative. This position supports all operational departments and team members reporting directly to the Operations Manager.
NOTE: CBBC is a Drug Free Workplace.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: prolonged sitting; talking; hearing; listening; prolonged viewing of computer monitor; use hands and arms in reaching, handling or manipulating objects or controls; occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Work environment: indoor work environment; minimal noise level.
Applicants must consent to and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Prepare and issues PO’s, invoices, reports, memos, letters, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, operating system database, or presentation software.
- Purchase order experience and basic purchasing skills.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and mail.
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports.
- Greet visitors and new team members determine whether they should be given access to specific individuals.
- Initiate training process and documentation for new hires.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work.
- Prepare agendas and make arrangements for committee, board, and other meetings.
- Make travel arrangements as requested or required.
- Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable knowledge and experience
- Must be able to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Invoicing experience and basic accounting principle knowledge.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, transcription, designing forms and reports and other office procedures and terminology.
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Ability to arrange information or tasks in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Advanced Excel skills
- Operational Department liaison – works with multiple departments and managers
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Two (2) year work-related knowledge, skills or experience
- Two (2) year experience working with computers, computer operating systems and office management software programs to set up functions, enter data, process information and produce correspondence and reports.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills – prioritize work assignments and manage work.
- Basic skills in use of computers and software programs (i.e. Microsoft Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office management software).
- Advanced knowledge in Excel.
- Four (4) years work-related knowledge, skills or experience.
- Advanced skills in use of computers and software programs (i.e. Microsoft Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office management software). Certification preferred.
Prior work experience in a supporting team role in sales or operations, highly desired.
To apply for this job please visit coloradoboxedbeef.com.