Website Florida Polytechnic University
Position demonstrates proficiency in general and moderately complex administrative functions of a unit, including serving as a resource on issues, policies and procedures, maintaining inventory or facilities, approving fiscal transactions, performing procurement tasks, and contributing to the development of unit systems and processes. Position assists the Academic Affairs Department/Faculty.
Duties and responsibilities
Job functions are specific duties that would be included in the essential functions of the job description. These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.
- Review purchase requests, create requisitions and manage approval process. Ensure orders adhere to University/supplier agreements and contracts;
- Review employee expenses for accuracy, compliance, and expense coding.
- Process travel and expense/purchase card transactions for assigned faculty/staff.
- Responds to routine and moderately complex questions or issues regarding policies, procedures, and processes and ensures compliance at the unit level.
- May coordinate particular support activities within an office or provide direct support to staff and faculty.
- Coordinates travel arrangements, makes reservations, and processes reimbursements.
- Prepares, reviews, and performs input of Workday documents and data.
- Performs or approves fiscal transactions; monitors and maintains budgets and processes revisions.
- Conducts research or analysis and provides input or recommendations for problem resolution.
- Coordinates events or special administrative projects.
- Drafts minutes, notices, manuals, agendas, reports and correspondences
- Ability to work with a diverse set of suppliers to gain necessary quotes for equipment and service needs.
- Reconciles open purchase orders upon receipt of equipment or services.
- Research and verify any shipment or invoice discrepancies as needed.
- Provide office operations support such as scheduling meetings, maintaining supervisor’s calendar, maintaining record-keeping systems, opening and reviewing incoming mail, copying, scanning, filing and responding to inquiries.
- Assist with emerging projects as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to perform or learn campus routine purchasing, order, and contracting processes.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, preferably Workday.
- Must be able to understand and apply Florida State Statutes and Regulations; follow processes (usually computer processes) for recording and documenting purchasing activities.
- Ability to conduct business transactions and perform simple research work by email and/or telephone.
- Demonstrated client service experience requiring a very high level of diplomacy and professionalism.
- Working knowledge of or ability to quickly learn University infrastructure, policies and procedures.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with a variety of computer applications including word-processing, spreadsheets, databases, on-line systems, Internet as well as online calendaring and email.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to set own priorities to coordinate multiple assignments with fluctuating and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Ability to interpret, communicate and apply policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy to effectively handle a broad range of high level and sensitive interpersonal situations with diverse personalities, and to respond appropriately to conflicts and problems.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively communicate information in a clear and understandable manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Keeps abreast of changes in policies and procedures and implements necessary changes to office processes.
- High school diploma or equivalent and six years of appropriate experience; Associate’s degree and 4 years of relevant experience; Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of relevant experience;
Required Licenses, Certifications, and/or other Specific Requirements of Law
- This position requires a criminal background check.
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.