The Administrative Specialist is responsible for maintaining accurate and timely billing and work order creation. In addition, they will maintain the filing and other administrative tasks that are required to run an efficient office and provide a consistent and excellent service product to the customer.
- Accurately invoice all labor and parts for each unit completed daily
- Accurately invoice all labor and parts for each warranty repair completed daily
- Retrieve and return phone messages daily
- Produce or print work orders from delivery logs for each unit picked up daily
- Provide professional customer service and answer phones in a timely, courteous and professional manner
- File service center documents
- Update delivery logs at the end of each work day
- Assist as needed with any other service center function to ensure cycle flow and excellent customer service
- Housekeeping of all shop common areas
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and telephone skills.
- Prior clerical and/or customer service experience a plus.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute.
- Ability to work in fast pace environment.
- Walks, stands, bends, squats during entire shift.
The Administrative Specialist will be measured by the accuracy of produced invoices, customer feedback and overall service center organization.
The Administrative Specialist will work in a service center environment; to include working from the shop floor. The ability to move/lift up to 50lbs on a frequent basis is required.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.