Website New Beginnings High School
New Beginnings High School (NBHS) is an innovative organization transforming education through academic and social support services. Our mission is to create the best educational environment for students who are seeking a new beginning. We embrace a customer service philosophy with our students, who attend NBHS by choice.
The Admissions Coordinator has the privilege of being the first to introduce our customers to a new beginning. They manage the enrollment process from information request, through data and document collection, to customer orientation. The Admissions Coordinator is instrumental in ensuring data input accuracy and related reporting.
- Support NBHS by attending community service and outreach activities throughout the year
- Collect enrollment documents and ensure compliance with enrollment policy
- Conduct school orientation sessions for parents/guardians and customers
- Support recruitment, retention, marketing, and building community relationships by visiting the communities where NBHS students reside
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers by ensuring all information about New Beginnings is disseminated to customers and resolving enrollment issues
- Request and document the receipt of cumulative folders
- Arranges childcare and transportation services for new customers
- Maintain complete, up-to-date, customer files with all required documents as instructed by School Administration
Data Input and Maintenance
- Collect, Input, update, and maintain customer data into Power School and Genesis systems
- Plan, organize and schedule all data activity related to FTE reporting
- Serve as the School’s FTE terminal operator and local contact
- Collect and maintains all documentation needed for audit and compliance reporting
- Forecast FTE counts and report accordingly
- Ensure efficient, timely, and accurate data input
- Maintain testing data for reporting and informational purposes
- Monitor all customer and staff information from multiple sources regularly to help verify that the information maintained in the customer and staff data files is correct and meets the current specifications of the DOE
- Perform general office duties as requested by management
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 of experience in using data processing software applications, procedures, and database management experience, or the equivalent in appropriate college or technical school data processing courses
- Knowledge of applicable computer software and hardware process applications such as spreadsheets, word-processing, database and operating systems, and/or presentation software, internet computer hardware, on-line searches
- Knowledge of general management and operational practices, procedures, responsibilities, and information systems
- Knowledge of search engines, electronic marketing and surveying programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Background check and fingerprinting clearance
- Knowledge and ability to operate standard office equipment
- Knowledgeable of Employment policies, regulations, and laws
- Willing to work flexible hours
- Valid Florida driver’s license, reliable transportation, and valid automobile insurance
- Adapt to changing work priorities
- Exhibit tact and patience
- Perform duties accurately and efficiently
- Work both independently and as a team member with other individuals and organizations
- Set high expectations, contributing positively to NBHS culture
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies
- Prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and commitments in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment
Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work with individuals/groups from diverse socio-economic backgrounds
Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled office setting. Requires sitting for the majority of the day.
Generally, the job requires 60% sitting, 20% walking and 20% standing. Hearing and speaking to exchange information; seeing to read, prepare, and proofread documents; sitting for extended periods of time; dexterity of hands and fingers to operate office equipment; kneeling, bending at the waist, and reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally, to retrieve and store files and supplies; lifting light objects. The ability to lift, carry, move and/or position objects infrequently weighing up to 20 pounds.
Incumbents may be required to perform any combination of the tasks detailed in this document. This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, knowledge, or abilities associated with this classification, but are intended to accurately reflect the major job elements.
The New Beginnings High School, Florida, prohibits any and all forms of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, age, homelessness, or disability or other basis prohibited by law in any of its programs, services, activities or employment.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.