Nineteen61 it is our objective to introduce exceptional and noteworthy food inspired by Latin Cuisine. The food we sell meets the highest standards of quality, freshness and seasonality and combines both Modern-Creative and Traditional Latin inspired styles of cooking. We consistently strive to provide our customers with impeccable service by demonstrating warmth, graciousness, efficiency, knowledge, professionalism and integrity in our work. To have every customer who comes through our doors leave impressed by Nineteen61 and excited to come back again. To create and maintain a restaurant that is comprehensive and exceptional in its attention to every detail of operation. To provide all who work with us a friendly, cooperative and rewarding environment which encourages long- term, satisfying, growth employment. To keep our concept fresh, exciting and on the cutting edge of the hospitality industry. To be a giving member of the Lakeland Community and to use our restaurant to improve the quality of dining in Polk County.
Nineteen61 seeks part-time/full-time experienced cooks to join our team! Our program is for employees looking to make the commitment towards a great career in the hospitality industry – it is not for a temporary job seeker looking to spend 6 months at Nineteen61. This is a full time position, lunch and dinner shifts are required.
Candidate must consider cooking as their passion, dedicate themselves to a challenge, and possesses a team-oriented attitude. This position requires you to work under the direction of our chefs, and follow daily prep lists and work morning/evening dinner service.
Ideal candidates would be seeking position in an establishment to grow and learn within. Please be familiar with Nineteen6 by visiting our website www.nineteen61.com.
- Executing menu items from start to finish
- This including but not limited to preparation of ingredients, butchery of proteins, cooking and plating of menu items.
- Working with seasonal ingredients
- Participating in the preparation and development of new menu items
- Honing your existing skills while learning new techniques and building your skill set
- Working collaboratively with BOH staff and FOH staff
- Maintaining cleanliness of any BOH work areas, including and not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, and prep areas
- Participate in deep cleaning of BOH work areas, including and not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, and prep areas
Skills & Requirements
- At least 1 year of related experience required
- General knife handling, food safety & sanitation knowledge
- High volume restaurant experience required
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and high energy environment
- A passion for food, exceptional work ethic and dedication
- Able to take constructive criticism, learn quickly and constantly improve
The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Nineteen61 reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Nineteen61 or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Nineteen61 is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.
What’s in it for you?
We offer competitive pay. We encourage our employees to grow and learn, and offer many opportunities for personal and career development.
How to Apply?
Please come to Nineteen61 to apply in person between 2:00 P.M. – 4:00 P.M. Monday – Thursday. Make sure to bring your resume for our Chef’s to look over during the interview process. We look forward to meeting you.
215 E Main St
Lakeland, FL 33801
You must sign in to apply for this position.