Website Consulate Health Care
Job ID 55155
Position Location US-FL-Lakeland
Facility Name Wedgewood Healthcare Center
Job Category Business Office
Position Status FT (Full Time)
Purpose of Your Job Position
As a Consulate Health Care Assistant BOM, you are entrusted with the responsibility of caring for our residents, families, co-workers, visitors and all others; as well as demonstrating in all interactions, Consulate Health Care’s five core values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion. The primary purpose of your job position is to manage the facility accounts receivable system. You are entrusted to provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results.
As Assistant BOM, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. Responsible for managing the facility accounts receivable system. The position focuses on the billing of all payor classes. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by the supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time, for any reason.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Record daily collection of cash receipts and deposit to appropriate accounts.
- Prepare deposits, posting entries in the accounting system.
- Establish and maintain communication with resident, family members and others responsible for payment for resident care services. Assure all are kept current about account status.
- Analyze account activity and prepare interest calculation and summary reports.
- Generate timely billing of payor classes.
- Responsible for the generation and submission of all network and insurance, claims, statements on a timely basis.
- Produce UB40’s for all Medicare and contract resident as well as for Medicare demand billings.
- Complete month end close in a timely manner.
- Keep AFA up to date with current provider/pay status.
- Adhere to established reporting procedures to ensure that the numbers balance.
- Maintain current and accurate computer data.
- Attend meeting and inservice training sessions, as appropriate.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Embrace Consulate Health Care’s five core values of compassion, honesty, integrity, respect and passion, and incorporate them into one’s daily job function.
- Demonstrate respect and compassion in every interaction.
- Conduct oneself with the highest degree of honesty and integrity in every interaction.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co- workers, residents, families and visitors.
- May be trained and assigned to perform the Customer Care Liaison duties as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must have experiance in processing Long-term Care Medicaid appliacations.
Must possess, as a minimum, a high-school diploma or its equivalent. Two-year degree preferred.
Must have, as a minimum, three (3) years experience in bookkeeping or accounting practices. Experience in health care accounting preferred but not required.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language and possess good communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be able to type 45 words per minute, and use a 10-key calculator.
- Must possess the ability to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing sound accounting techniques.
- Must be able to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents, staff, and visitors based on whatever maturity level at which they are currently functioning.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing accounting practices.
- Must be knowledgeable of computers, data entry/retrieval, output, etc.
- Must possess the ability to examine and verify financial documents and reports.
- Must be able to prepare financial and other records in a systematic, neat, and legible manner.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace
- Must be able to process Longerm-Care Medicaid applications.
- Works in office areas as well as throughout the facility.
- Moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Is involved with residents, family members, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions/circumstances.
- Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, personnel, and visitors.
- Works beyond normal working hours, on weekends and holidays, and on other shifts when necessary.
- Is subject to callback during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs.
- Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., throughout the workday, as well as reactions from dust, disinfectants, tobacco smoke, and other air contaminants.
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including TB and AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
- May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals.
- Communicates with the medical staff, nursing personnel, and other department directors.
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we’re looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you’ll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you’ll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation’s leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- “Your Journey Home” short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer’s and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients
To apply for this job please visit consulatehealthcare.jobs.