Website LEGOLAND Florida Resort
Do you want to work in a fun and energetic environment with the core value of having fun in everything you do? Then apply to work at LEGOLAND Florida Resort! Be a part of building long-term relationships at a world class destination. Here, you will work in an imagination land built for kids to take the lead and geared towards family fun! As the newest player in the theme park capital of the world, LEGOLAND would love to bring in your excitement and energy for becoming number one in the league!
LEGOLAND Florida Resort is looking for an Assistant Restaurant & Bar Supervisor to join the LEGOLAND Florida Resort Team.
About the Role:
To support and assist the Restaurant and Bar Manager in the daily operation of the restaurant and/or bar. This position is responsible for providing the best possible experience for the guest, managing cleanliness standards, and managing financial controls. The Supervisor will provide ongoing service training and coaching to team members ensuring they consistently achieve the high standards of the LEGOLAND Hotel. The Supervisor will also ensure strict compliance with all relevant Hygiene and Safety legislation and company requirements.
1. Restaurant Operations: Assist in the operational effectiveness of all assigned locations. Implement and enhance a high level of service, quality, and sanitation standards within the facility. Ensure that all guests are served in an efficient and professional manner with children as the primary focus. The Supervisor must understand, anticipate, meet, and exceed all guest expectations, ensuring efficient and effective communication with guests and team members. Communicate operational, guest experience, and financial objectives to team members on a daily basis.
2. Training and Development: Responsible for motivating, training, cross-training and developing the Team Leaders and frontline employees. Provide positive and corrective feedback to all team members in order to improve performance output with the assistance of the Manager. Maintains up-to-date working knowledge of food safety, HACCP, cash handling, guest service, and general safety policies and procedures and ensures that all team members are knowledgeable and follow required company, OSHA, Environmental Health Department, HACCP, and other regulatory guidelines.
3. Management and Financial Support: Occasionally assist in the weekly scheduling of all Front of House Staff. Monitor labor hours on a shift to shift basis and ensure that payroll reports are accurate. Must assist with the daily ordering and receipt of food and supplies. Monitor handling of cash and inventory control referring any issues that need to be invested to the Manager. Responsible for comparing actual and budgeted figures on a daily basis. Assist in implementing controls for ordering, waste and usage of all goods.
Loss Prevention: Act as a key contact and training leader in all areas of loss prevention and waste, in accordance with Merlin and LEGOLAND policies.
4. Human Resources: Implement and enforce all company and divisional policies and procedures. Provide assistance to the Manager in the implementation of progressive, exemplary and corrective action in line with LEGOLAND policies and procedures. Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of all HR documents, processes, policies, etc. regarding hiring, interviewing, coaching, internal transferring, career progression, performance evaluating and employee benefits.
5. Safety and Sanitation: Ensure that all team leaders and frontline employees are trained and execute proper safety and sanitation requirements at all times. Ensure that all team leaders and frontline employees are trained, knowledgeable, and follow required company, division, OSHA, Environmental Health Department, HACCP, and other appropriate regulatory guidelines. Identifies and reports any possible safety hazards to the Manager or safety representative.
Managers/supervisors are responsible for all aspects of Health, Safety & Security within their team, in line with the Group Policy (HS001). In particular, they must ensure that risk assessments have been carried out, that safe working procedures are in place for all work activities and that all employees in their teams are aware of the Group Health, Safety and Security Policy and their obligations under it. They must ensure that safe working practices are monitored and that risk assessments and procedures are reviewed regularly. Where incidents do occur, they must ensure that they are investigated appropriately and that where necessary, corrective action is taken to ensure that such incidents are not repeated.
Employees are responsible for the safety of themselves, their colleagues and guests (where appropriate), in line with the Group Policy (HS001) and the law. In particular, they must ensure that they follow safe working procedures for all work activities that they undertake and they must not use any tools or equipment for which they have not been trained. Where incidents do occur, they must ensure that they are reported to their line manager and must cooperate with any investigation as appropriate.
6. Other: Performs other duties as assigned
Requires at least 2 years of practical food service leadership experience, preferably in a hotel/ resort environment. Full service experience needed and bar experience a plus. Must be customer service focused and have an understanding of customer expectations. Knowledgeable in food and culinary design is desired. Must possess strong communication skills, both in verbal and written format. An effective organizational and problem solving skill with the ability to make quick decisions is required. Ability to work as part of a team and to develop others within the team structure is required.
A high school diploma or general education degree (or equivalent education and experience) is required. A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Ability to sit for sustained periods of time to attend on-site and off-site meetings, perform paperwork activities, travel and drive.
Intermittent and prolonged standing and walking to move about the resort site, and interact with guests and employees.
Finger dexterity sufficient to complete paperwork activities and to use a computer.
Visual acuity sufficient to read written materials, to complete paperwork activities, and to drive.
Hearing sufficient to communicate with individuals in person and by telephone.
Various inside and outside locations with varying temperatures and floor surfaces.
Other Job Requirements:
Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings, holidays, and weekends to support resort operations.
Must have a valid driver’s license, safe driving record and be willing to utilize own vehicle for business purposes.
Must have a valid manager food safety certificate or if not applicable at the time of offer must be able to complete course and pass to obtain certification. We at LLFR will pay the costs of the certification for the initial class. Should the applicant receive a failing grade, we will pay for 1 additional retake. In the case of failure to pass the retake, the applicant may be subject to demotion. These certifications are valid for 5 years and must be maintained and passed to continue leadership within the Resort.
About Our Benefits:
In addition to a fun and friendly environment, you will also find a competitive salary and benefits package including but not limited to medical, vision, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a range of voluntary benefits, 401(k) matching plan offering, paid time off, share program opportunities, bonus profit sharing program, tuition assistance, free entry to all of our Merlin attractions which also extends to family and friends, free unlimited usage of the local transit system, and much more. Furthermore you will enjoy continuous support and opportunities to branch out and develop your career within LEGOLAND and Merlin Entertainments plc.
LEGOLAND Florida Resort is a 150-acre interactive theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. With more than 50 rides, shows, and attractions, and uniquely themed LEGOLAND Water Park, LEGOLAND Hotel, and LEGOLAND Beach Resort inspired by the LEGO and DUPLO brands, LEGOLAND is geared towards family fun!
LEGOLAND Florida Resort is part of Merlin Entertainments plc. A business built on fun, Merlin is a global leader in location based, family entertainment. As Europe’s Number 1 and the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates over 100 attractions, 15 hotels, and 6 holiday villages in 24 countries and across 4 continents. Our aim is to deliver unique, memorable, and rewarding experiences to millions of visitors across our growing estate of the best known names in global leisure.
We know this is a great place to work, but don’t just take our word for it…click here to see us in action!
To apply for this job please visit merlin.csod.com.