Website Kay Jewelers
Signet maintains this online registry system to encourage all interested employees to apply for careers in the management positions listed in this registry, and to ensure equal opportunities for advancement to all Signet employees. We particularly encourage women and minorities who are interested in management opportunities at Signet to participate in this program and use this online registry system to express your interest in a management position. Registration in this online system does not guarantee a promotion, but is necessary for consideration for any promotional opportunity to a management position listed in this registry.
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER
Title: Assistant Store Manager Date: March 23, 2017
Reports To: Store Manager
Reporting to this Position: Jewelry Consultant, Sales Support and Inventory Control in Store Manager’s absence
Assist the Store Manager in the daily operation of assigned store to achieve and develop sales and profit through leadership and training in accordance with company policies, systems and procedures. Oversees the repair department function within the assigned store.
- Completion of Information Security Privacy Awareness Quiz with a passing score
- Completion of Safety First Quiz (Akron-Based Team Members) or the 2016 Key Safety Curriculum (Dallas-Based Team Members) with a passing score
- No Code of Conduct written counseling within the past six months
- Meets all expectations (Akron-based Team Members) or Achieved Requirements (Dallas-based Team Members) on last Performance Appraisal
- Completion of Minimum Training Requirements training module (Found on Signet Learning Portal) and completion of Minimum Training Requirements Quiz with a passing score
- Assists the Store Manager in the application and adherence to Company policies and procedures in support of the Company’s business objectives, Corporate Mission Statement and Customer first philosophy.
- The position is required to cultivate and maintain productive relationships at all levels ensuring an atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation.
- Assumes the duties and responsibilities of the Store Manager in his/her absence.
- Exerts maximum effort to achieve store sales projections. Maintains and achieves a high level of the store’s monthly quota in personal sales.
- Assists in maintaining daily focus among all associates on standards achievement.
- Assists in enforcing all policies and procedures to assure store profits, the control of mark downs, store expenses and repair departments.
- Assists the Store Manager in sales training, store meetings and role plays, as directed by Store Manager.
- Assists in the processing of merchandise control transactions as directed by the Store Manager (i.e., transfers and merchandise orders).
- Assists the Store Manager in the recruiting and selection of personnel. Interviews and screens applicants as directed.
- Understands and enforces all store policies and practices.
- Investigates and handles customer complaints quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Assists in implementing and administering merchandise and advertising programs, merchandise displays in showcases and windows, and inventories as directed. Reports customer comments and requests to management.
- Responsible for maintaining the following work schedule: Normal schedule of 40 hours per week, minimum three nights per week, Tuesday or Wednesday ONLY as day off, minimum of seven or eight hour shift on Friday and Saturday, minimum of every other Sunday, which is alternating with the Store Manager, Store hours during special events and key selling times of the year or as business needs require (i.e. absence of Store Manager, vacations, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Holiday selling season, etc.)
- Learns features and benefits of the merchandise. Provides expert knowledge regarding quality, value, warranties and services.
- Monitors the saleability of the merchandise (i.e. ticketed properly, clean and properly displayed). Maintains a high level of security as defined in the Corporate Security Manual at all times.
- Follows Company guidelines regarding window and showcase displays as outlined in the Visual Merchandise Manual and Promotion Book/Sign Changes. Advises management of customer comments and responses to advertising programs.
- Responds promptly and accurately to all management directives, requests for merchandise transfers, inventories, and request for information. Strictly adheres to Company guidelines pertaining to discount policies.
- Develops a full understanding of all sales, credit, administrative and security policies, procedures and duties. Develops a full understanding of store promotions (i.e., credit programs and special events).
- Develops technical knowledge of Repair Department. Estimates cost on watch and jewelry repairs. Executes minor repair service; oversees Repair Department.
- Ensures all credit applications are verified and that credit guidelines and policies are adhered to.
- Keeps management informed of the marketing, merchandising, and credit programs of competitors within the area.
- Performs customer calling as required.
- Establishes a positive, professional work atmosphere. Conducts himself/herself in a manner that will influence and earn the respect of employees and management. Maintains a neat, professional appearance in keeping with established Dress Code Policy.
- Maintains open lines of communication with employees and management. Encourages employees to participate and offer ideas.
- Administrates Time Records policy with efficiency and compliance with corporate guidelines.
- Maintains the neatness and cleanliness of the sales floor, office, windows, and storage areas.
- Strictly adheres to and enforces all Company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to achieve outstanding sales performance.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal directions.
- Ability to plan, organize and supervise the work of others.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Tactful, friendly in dealing with others.
- Willingness and ability to work under immediate supervision.
- Ability to be of service to others.
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude.
- Ability to accept responsibility, make decisions, and delegate when appropriate.
- Reliability and dependability.
- Willingness to exert time and effort necessary to attain goals.
To apply for this job please visit signetjewelers.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.