Website Streamsong Resort
Coordinate, plan, and supervise the production, plating, and presentation of the food at all Banquet events in a cost effective and safe manner to meet and exceed customer expectations and attract future business. Responsible for the daily production of all banquet food. Assists in the creation of the banquet menu and recommends menu changes. Recommends and implements procedural and production changes.
**Essential Functions: **
- Supervise the daily production of food for all the catered events.
- Control food and labor costs, ensure preparation, plating, and presentation standards are maintained, the appropriate quantity of food is prepared and safety standards and regulations are followed to provide top quality food.
- Supervise banquet kitchen associates; interview, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, resolve problems, provide open communication, recommend and conduct performance and salary reviews, and recommend discipline, as appropriate.
- Analyze Banquet Event Orders, plan, and coordinate the functions with the Catering staff to ensure the events meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Monitor and control the maintenance and sanitation of the kitchen and equipment to ensure a healthy and safe work environment which meets and exceeds federal, state, corporate, and franchise standards and regulations.
- Assist in the creation and planning of menus and implement changes to continue to attract business.
**Non-Essential Functions: ** (5%)
- Performs any other duties required or requested by Supervisor
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Participate in task forces and committees as required.
**Knowledge and Skills: **
Education: One or two years of post-high school education.
Experience: Experience required by position is from two to three full years of full employment in a related position.
Skills and Abilities: Requires thorough knowledge of the catering and food profession in order to perform non-repetitive analytical work. Requires knowledge of policies and procedures and the ability to determine course of action based on these guidelines. Requires supervision/management skills. Requires oral and written communication skills.
To apply for this job please visit careers.interstatehotels.com.