Website Ruby Tuesday
The Bartender prepares and responsibly serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to guests in the bar area and through the service bar, to guests in the dining room. All beverages are prepared according to Ruby Tuesday recipes, standards, and procedures. Provides food service to guests choosing to dine in the bar area. Responsible for meeting or exceeding sales performance objectives as determined, communicated, and monitored by management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up bar in compliance with policies, procedures and brand standards as outlined in the bartender playbook.
- Maintain clean bar including proper removal of trash, empty glasses, etc.
- Stock all liquors, beer, wines, mixes, garnishes, glassware and miscellaneous bar supplies
- Follow CHARM service model to deliver a great Guest experience
- Consistently work to meet or exceed sales goals to achieve Bar Tuesday Status
- Learn beverage recipes and menu to explain offerings, make recommendations and suggestively sell to our Guests
- Uphold the highest standards of beverage quality
- Prepare and serve drinks following policies and procedures, proper food handling and serving techniques, alcohol awareness, and federal, state and local regulations.
- Immediately notify management of incidents involving possible excessive alcohol consumption or an impaired condition.
- Process guest checks and payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card and accounting policies and procedures
- Report all tips in compliance with company policy and IRS regulations.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and team
- Serve alcoholic beverages in accordance with the Ruby Tuesday Responsible Serving Statement Policy.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High School Diploma or High School equivalency preferred
- No prior work experience required
- Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service.
- Knowledge of and ability to properly prepare mixed drinks and other beverages.
- Ability to understand and comply with proper food handling and serving techniques and with federal, state and local alcohol serving regulations.
- Ability to process cash handling and credit card transactions in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment.
- Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
- Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient
This position requires regular attendance; requires the ability to stand or walk for hours at a time; frequently required to hear, speak, walk, crawl, climb, stand, reach, bend, balance, kneel, stoop, lift and carry items up to 50 lbs; requires ability to tolerate significant changes in temperature, and frequent immersion of hands in water and cleaning or sanitizing solutions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.