Website KIK Custom Products
As one of North America’s largest independent manufacturers of consumer packaged goods (“CPG”), KIK helps a large portfolio of brands and retailers bring their products to life. With leading positions in the multibillion dollar household and personal care (“HPC”), over-the-counter (“OTC”), pool additives and automotive aftermarket categories, we serve over 100 CPG companies and several major North American HPC and automotive aftermarket retailers, including many of the leading players in their respective categories. We have full-service capabilities covering end-to-end contract manufacturing, including project management, innovation and R&D, sourcing and procurement, blending and compounding, filling and packaging, supply chain and distribution, and quality control. Our manufacturing model is highly flexible and we consistently add value to our customers by leveraging our range of services and expertise.
KIK has over 5,000 employees and operates 29 manufacturing facilities strategically located throughout North America.
Our Household Division (“Household”) is the #1 player in North American private label bleach, and supplies private label cleaning programs to prominent American retailers. Although Household started as a small bleach plant in Concord, Ontario, we have since expanded to a network of 8 plants strategically located across the United States to efficiently manufacture a variety of cleaners for both hard and soft surfaces. . In addition to its private label portfolio, Household manufactures and markets Greased Lighting® and The Works® branded products.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervise shift line operation and performance
- Supervisor, lead, and participate in daily set-up, maintenance, changeovers and troubleshooting
- Ensure adherence to quality standards
- Follow and support all safety programs
- Maximize performance of blow mold equipment
- Conduct quality checks and implement corrective action as necessary
- Preserve blow mold equipment through organizing proper machine cleaning
- Focus on improving overall quality, cycle times, machine performance
- Focus on reducing down-time and scrap reduction
- Supervise and maintain a stable process and product quality goals
- Troubleshooting capability for machine, auxiliary equipment (leak testers, flamers, sleeving machine, etc.) and quality related problems working towards a root cause and permanent corrective action
- Minor repairs to blow molding and auxiliary equipment
- Training others on blow molding operation when necessary
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Work well with people in achieving shift company goals
- Assist with various projects
- Accurate documentation of daily production paperwork at the end of each shift
- Bachelor’s degree and or Certified Millwright, or Electrician certification preferred
- Minimum of three years related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Training in blow molding equipment preferred
- Minimum 2 years in a supervisory role
- Demonstrated leadership and self-starter skills
- Demonstrated drive and potential to assume higher levels of responsibility.
- General understanding of business principles and typical business practices.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work cross-functionally with other departments.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, and other production related software
- Document and analyze downtime issues and put forward corrective actions
- Union experience an asset but not required
A Career with KIK Offers:
KIK offers very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. You can plan for your future with KIK’s retirement savings options including employer match. KIK also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a position with KIK Custom Products.
KIK is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.