Website City of Lakeland
This is maintenance work in the care of public and City buildings, facilities and grounds. Work involves responsibility for the efficient performance of a variety of task in and around public and City buildings in facilities. Work generally is performed in accordance with established procedures, but specific instructions may be given on unusual jobs or problems. Work is subject to inspection by a superior for maintenance of established standards of cleanliness and compliance with instructions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Coordinates events through contact with lessee. First point of contact day of rental for all event related operations
- Shows buildings to perspective clients, interacts with them to determine exactly what is needed to assist them.
- Reviews plans, ensuring rental components comply with venue rules and regulations.
- Serves as point of contact during event rentals.
- Responsible for set-up and tear-down of city owned rental components such as table, chairs etc.
- Responsible for ensuring all rules and regulations are complied with during event rental.
- Have the ability to remain calm and responsive during high stress situations, including situations that arise from guest alcohol intake and situations that require emergency personnel.
- Clean and detail rental buildings that can often include protein spills, soiled materials and various unpleasant sights and odors.
- Remove garbage from buildings during and post event.
- Setup and tear down meeting rooms for public use and rental
- Assigned buildings or complexes to open and close
- Sweeps, Mops waxes and polishes floors, washes walls, woodwork and venetian blinds, dusts books and desks. May be assigned to shampoo, extract and bonnet buff carpet.
- Picks up litter, empty bottles and leaves.
- Cleans restrooms, kitchens and replenishes supplies. Reports the need for repairs.
- Secures buildings
- Performs related work as required.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE):
- A high school diploma from an accredited school or its equivalent.
Required Documents: GED, High School Diploma, College Diploma or Unofficial Transcripts
- May be required to possess and maintain a valid state of Florida driver’s license.
- May be required to maintain a valid telephone number.
- May be required to work overtime, or alternate hours, as necessary for the efficient operation of the department. Position may be designated as Mission Critical by Department Director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to learn about the use of the personal protective equipment, materials, methods and practices used in cleaning and maintenance operations.
- Ability to learn the operation and care of custodial equipment to include vacuum cleaners, scrubbing machines, polishing machines and other janitorial equipment.
- Ability to make minor repairs and adjustments to building fixtures and equipment.
- Ability to exercise care in the use of cleaning materials and industrial cleaning chemicals for different types of building surfaces.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, working relationships with co-workers, other city employees and the general public.
- Ability to learn operation and care of grounds maintenance equipment to include lawn mowers, weed trimmers, etc.
- Requires sedentary work that involves walking or standing some of the time, exerting up to 40 pounds of force on a recurring basis, lifting up to 70 pounds, climbing and bending at waist. May be exposed to lights, heights, such as roofs, ceilings, etc.
- The job risks exposure to hot/cold temperatures, adverse weather, wet, humid conditions, toxic fumes and noxious odors.
- The job requires normal visual acuity, field of vision, hearing, speaking, color perception, sense of smell, depth perception, and texture perception.
All City of Lakeland positions are subject to testing (e.g. written, oral, performance, computerized, interview, and/or any combination). Candidates selected for testing will be notified via email or telephone. Please check your e-mail and telephone messages regularly, including “junk” folders. Test times and locations to be announced.
THE CITY OF LAKELAND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS EMPLOYER AND A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
To apply for this job please visit agency.governmentjobs.com.