Website City of Lakeland
This position is responsible for assisting in the performance of cleaning and grounds maintenance work. An employee in this position is responsible for participating in the performance of a variety of cleaning tasks performed in and around public buildings and structures. Work is performed independently within established policies and procedures and is reviewed by superiors through conferences, reports and results obtained.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS:
- Participates in the performance of a variety of cleaning tasks performed in and around public buildings and structures.
- Trains and instructs custodial workers in proper methods and procedures of custodial work.
- Assists in loading, unloading, and moving of supplies, equipment and furniture.
- Assists in the ordering of and maintaining an inventory of various custodial equipment and supplies.
- Performs minor maintenance on equipment.
- Prepares and maintains necessary records and reports.
- Performs all duties of Building Maintenance Worker I.
- Performs related work as required.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE) AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma from an accredited school or its equivalent.
- Two (2) years of experience in custodial or related field.
Required Documents: GED, High School Diploma, College Diploma or Unofficial Transcripts
- May be required to work overtime, or alternate hours, as necessary for the efficient operation of the department.
- Position may be designated as Mission Critical by Department Director.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of the materials, methods and practices used in cleaning and related custodial operations.
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of vacuum cleaners, scrubbing machines, polishing machines and other custodial equipment.
- Ability to train employees in cleaning and related work.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with subordinates, other employees, supervisors and the public.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform lifting and cleaning tasks.
- Requires manual work that involves walking or standing most of the time. Lifting up to 40 pounds.
- The job risks exposure to inclement weather, toxic fumes and noxious odors, cold/hot temperature, wet/humid conditions and environmental hazards.
- The job requires normal visual acuity, and field of vision, hearing, speaking, color perception, sense of taste, sense of smell, depth perception, and texture perception.
All City of Lakeland positions are subject to testing (e.g. written, oral, performance, computerized, interview, and/or any combination). Candidates selected for testing will be notified via email or telephone. Please check your e-mail and telephone messages regularly, including “junk” folders. Test times and locations to be announced.
THE CITY OF LAKELAND IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS EMPLOYER AND A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
The City of Lakeland is a drug free workplace. This position is considered a mandatory testing position, which is subject to pre-employment and random drug testing. All City of Lakeland positions are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing. As a condition of employment you will be required to pass the pre-employment drug test in accordance with Florida Statute 440.102.