- stocking and rotating inventory
- preparing, cooking, and serving meals for Publix associates and
- washing pots and operating the dishwasher
- the responsibilities listed on this posting are not intended to be all-inclusive and additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- be at least 18 years old or at least 19 years old for positions in Alabama
- be able to work nights
- be able to work weekends, holidays, and extended periods of time
- be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- be able to read, write, and solve math problems
- be able to interpret, understand, and follow instructions
- be able to stand for long periods of time
- be able to bend, stoop, and twist
- have at least six months of cooking experience in an environment where a variety of entrees and methods are used (for example, a restaurant, cafeteria, or culinary school)
- have the ability to work well with others and be a team member
- show enthusiasm, initiative and pride in work and
- show commitment to Publix’s mission.
Work Environment: Temperatures could range from 0 degrees to 85 degrees Fahrenheit; also includes working in a wet environment.
- current Lakeland Distribution associate
- have more than six months of cooking experience in an environment where a variety of entrees and methods are used (for example, a restaurant, cafeteria, or culinary school)
Hours of Work: 10:00PM – 6:30AM, Rotating days/rotating days
Frequency of Pay: Weekly
Minimum Base Pay: 10.45
Maximum Base Pay: 14.55
Potential Annual Base Pay: 21,736 – 30,264
Year End Bonus: To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in December. The bonus for this position is 8 hours of pay when a new associate joins Publix prior to July 1. There is no bonus in the first year for associates hired after July 1. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to 8 hours’ pay if associate remains employed through December 31st.
Other Compensation Information:
- A $.50 per hour night differential is paid to associates regularly scheduled to work any hours between midnight and 3:00 a.m.
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit option
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases.