Website Borden Dairy
POSITION: Case Dock Worker
LOCATION: Winter Haven, FL
SUPERVISOR: Production Manager
Performs shipping operation duties to ensure quality product is packaged, prepared, and loaded for delivery to customers in a safe manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Manual transfer of finished product, empty cases, pallets, and/or other ingredients and containers. · Stack cased product, empty cases, and/or empty pallets, as required. · Clean empty trailers, case washers, and other delivery equipment daily. · Check and document case washer temperature and cleaning solution concentration. · Restock product lines, recording movement of stock in/out of work area.
- Ensure proper product rotation in warehouse.
- Monitor materials, products, and equipment at each point in the process.
- Sort, bundle, and fill containers or place in assembled units.
- Complete all required documentation and scheduled product checks.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary, and safe work area.
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Follow all safety and security policies and procedures.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times.
- Follow all food safety and quality system requirements by committing to meet all pertinent regulatory, customer and Safe Quality Foods (SQF) requirements.
- Maintain reliable attendance and consistent work hours.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
NOTE: This job description does not imply that the above functions are the only tasks that may be performed. Associates will be expected, if possible, to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks as directed by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent, required.
- Refrigerated warehouse and shipping experience, preferred.
- Ability to read, write, perform basic mathematical calculations, and accurately record data.
- Must be willing to work overtime, weekends, holidays, and varying shifts, as required.
- Must be able to frequently stand, walk, kneel, reach, climb, pull, and bend.
- Must be able to routinely lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; and occasionally 75 pounds.
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Must be able to work independently.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None.
Supervisory Responsibility: None.
Working Conditions: Must be able to work for extended periods in a cold, damp environment.
Language Skills: English is the primary language skill; however, bilingual skills may be preferred based on business necessity.
- We offer stable employment with excellent pay and benefits.
- Excellent medical and retirement benefits also included.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER