Website Community Medical Group
Please join Community Medical Group at the Central Florida Job Fair 4/25 10am – 2pm @ Winter Haven Rec & Cultural Center, 801 MLK Blvd, Winter Haven –
Now recruiting – Medical Assistant –
Medical Assistants work alongside Clinicians and perform services in accordance with the physician’s orders. Medical assistants are trained to perform administrative as well as clinical duties under the supervision of the center administrator and attending physician.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Obtains and records patient medical history and personal data.
2. Assesses patients on initial visit and each follow up visit.
3. Takes and records vital signs, blood pressure, temperature and respiration on each visit.
4. Prepares patients for examination.
5. Assists physician with patient examinations.
6. Explains physician’s instructions as needed.
7. Prepares and administers medications as directed by the physician.
8. Performs venipuncture.
9. Provides service in accordance with reimbursement, ethical and legal guidelines.
10. Informs the physician and other related personnel of changes in the patient’s needs and/or physical changes.
11. Monitors refrigerator temperatures for vaccines.
12. Assures all medications and sharps are properly stored and locked at all times as per AHCA regulations.
13. Monitors medication expiration dates.
14. Works closely with physicians to assure patient’s HEDIS measures are being met.
15. Writes daily notes according to the Federal and State guidelines.
16. Communicates with the physician regarding patient’s status, obtaining additional orders if necessary.
17. Assumes responsibilities for self-development by continually striving to improve his/her knowledge through educational programs, attendance at workshops and conferences to keep all certifications up to date.
18. Observes confidentiality and safeguards on all patient-related information and medical facility operational data.
19. Completes order status and immunization records.
20. Performs some phlebotomist’s duties such as, collecting and preparing laboratory specimens.
21. Ensures that all HIPAA/OSHA standards are in compliance.
22. Reviews the patient’s referral status, ensures completed referrals are documented in the EMR, and discusses incomplete referrals with the clinicians to formulate a care plan at least 48 hours prior to patient follow up visits.
23. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Must have High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Must hold a medical assistant certification from an accredited organization.
3. Phlebotomy certification preferred.
4. Prior experience in a clinical setting.
5. MS Office programs experience.
Tagged as: clinical, medical, medical assistant certification, medical terminology