Website Hubbard Construction
Over 90 Years of Experience at Work for You!
Since 1920, the professional men and women of Hubbard Construction have literally paved the way for hundreds of public and private projects that have supported Florida’s rise to prominence.
Hubbard is one of Florida’s largest heavy civil construction companies. We are proud to be a part of Florida’s history and we are eager to continue to serve the Florida market and beyond.
The scope of Hubbard’s work includes complex highway projects, site development, paving, utility and drainage systems, surveying, RAP and hot mix sales, and state-of-the-art bridge building. We provide multiple delivery systems in design-build, bid-build, public/private-partnerships and design-build finance.
Hubbard Construction’s parent company, Eurovia, operates through a network of 330 agencies and 770 production sites, in 17 countries around the world.
This position within Construction Operations at Hubbard Construction Company will provide support to a field location and/or multiple field locations.
- Aid in verifying timesheets and integration for project staff using the KHEOPS system.
- Track onsite personnel and equipment to ensure all time is entered.
- Assist in entering and tracking quantities using the KHEOPS system.
- Provide assistance to Foreman with Papyrus entry if necessary and facilitate new Foreman training.
- Maintain locates and update log.
- Update onsite subcontractors log.
- Route and track submittals.
- Follow-up with subcontractors to schedule work – per superintendent request.
- Attend weekly progress and staff meetings to update meeting minutes and distribute to the appropriate personnel.
- File paperwork and maintain project files per HCC filing system.
- Route all project related documentation to Contracting.
- Provide support to engineers with orders as needed.
- Assist project site employees with general HR/Payroll questions.
- Order and keep safety supplies stocked.
- Maintain Field PO log.
- Support Engineer and project assigned Accountant with document/invoice/receipt tracking
- Prepare files for project closure
- General Clerical duties: Schedule appointments, screen visitors, produce correspondence, distribute incoming mail, answer phones and process all messages effectively.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience.
- This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous construction experience as a Project Coordinator or Administrative Assistant. A high school diploma is required. Three years general office experience required. Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be well organized and detail oriented. Must be able to work with constant interruption. Must be proficient with MS Office to include; Word, Excel and PowerPoint. SAP and A/P software systems experience preferred.
- Physical Demands.
- The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a Construction Technician to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Periodic physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to periodically stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
- Ability to lift, on a frequent basis, at least 25 pounds personally and the ability to carry up to 15 pounds personally.
- Work Environment.
- The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that a Construction Technician while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed predominately indoors.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to elevated levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
- Employee occasionally works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Some exposure to a variety of substances commonly found on construction sites such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel and ready mixed concrete.
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.ourcareerpages.com.