Website Cavalier Distributing Company
Join Cavalier’s delivery team to deliver beer and provide great customer service to fellow beer enthusiasts! Our drivers deliver kegs and cases of craft beer to bars, restaurants and stores all over the state. Join our team to be a part of this fun and exciting industry. Our delivery drivers typically work Tuesday through Friday, and are guaranteed an average of at least 36 hours per week, often with opportunity for overtime. Starting pay ranges from $13-15 per hour, depending on experience, with a chance to earn an additional $1.50 per hour incentive for certain routes. Opportunity to make from $15-16.50 per hour in just one year.
- Drives straight/box truck to customer locations, meeting delivery windows.
- Deliver beer to customers while providing excellent customer service and collecting payment.
- Keep truck clean inside and out.
- Inspects truck for defects before and after trips and reports any discrepancies indicating truck condition to supervisor and fleet coordinator.
- Must be able to back truck in and out of receiving docks.
- Maintain check-in sheets and all invoices.
- Maintain adherence to all Company policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic understanding of Cavalier Distributing products. (Become a craft beer expert!)
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to speak and write the English language at least at the high school level is required.
- Thorough knowledge of traffic laws and defensive driving.
- Ability to add and subtract, using whole numbers and decimals.
- Excellent customer relation skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to process information/merchandise.
- Ability to communicate with supervisor, Company Sales Representatives, current and prospective customers on a professional level.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Must have a valid unexpired driver’s license with a clean DMV record with no more than 6 points on license.
- Ability to read maps/directions and operate GPS units.
- Must pass DOT required pre-employment criteria for medical card.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to fill orders.
- Ability to handle product generally weighing 0 – 165 pounds.
- Ability to bend and stoop.