The Credit Supervisor is responsible for the overall management of the Credit Department, which includes, develop and improve operational goals of department, staffing, training, and development of staff. Supervise credit representatives who are responsible for maintaining customer database, conducting credit investigation and collecting on delinquent accounts.
- Train staff in proper, effective, and customer friendly collection efforts.
- Train staff to review credit reports, credit references, and other relevant customer information to establish appropriate credit limits for customer accounts.
- Supervise credit staff.
- Review credit reports, credit references, customer payment history, etc. to establish appropriate credit limits on customer accounts.
- Review orders in the credit que.
- Make collection calls to customers.
- Make client site visits as necessary.
- Handle outside collection sources.
- Address customer bankruptcy issues as they may arise.
- Review and approve adjustment to accounts.
- Attend semi-annual meetings for national and regional credit groups in our industry.
- Complete weekly, monthly & yearly aging reports.
- Review collection reports to ascertain status of collection and balance outstanding and to evaluate effectiveness of current collection policies and procedures.
- Audit delinquent accounts considered to be uncollected; ensure maximum efforts have been taken before writing the account off to bad debt and forwarding to outside collection agency or attorney.
- Monitor the percentages of aged accounts.
- Coordinate with sales representatives and sales directors regarding collection efforts for their customers
- Various credit or other projects as assigned by the controller.
- Minimum High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field preferred.
- 5 – 7 years Credit/Collection and Supervisory experience in a position of increasing responsibility.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Excel.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Must possess advanced mathematical and analytical skills.
- Excellent, customer-friendly communicator.
- Must be able to handle stressful customer situations in a calm, controlled and professional manner with a customer service focus.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment, including the identification of employee workload, follow up on open items and assistance with escalated situations.
- The use of a computer and phone – Must be able to see, type, write, finger, grasp, and sit; must be able to use a mobile phone.
- Communicating with internal and external customers – must be able to talk, hear, see, and comprehend.
- Mobility of arms – Must be able to reach and use arms to manipulate small objects.
- Mobility inside the office to access filing cabinets, office machines, and supplies – must be able to move about the office space, stand for extended period of time, reach, bend, and occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work is routinely performed in office environment.
- Noise levels are typically minimal.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Harrell’s LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Protected Veterans/Disabled.
This company will provide Equal Opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, GINA, and age.
This is a management position
This is a full time position
To apply for this job please visit theapplicantmanager.com.