Website Integrated Supply Network
- Responds to customer requests presented by phone, mail, faxes, emails, or in person, to order tools and equipment products and/or to provide product price quotes.
- Answers telephone inquiries in order to provide product information such as product specifications and stock availability.
- Responds to customer questions about similarity of various vendors’ products such as specifications and price differentials.
- Contacts vendors to answer questions, provide research information or conduct general product research whenever necessary.
- Resolves customer problems such as locating shipped products not yet received and handling received product that is damaged.
- Issues product credits in response to customer complaints, when appropriate, according to ISN’s credit policies and procedures.
- Assists Sales Representatives in placing orders, solving customer complaints and answering product inquiries.
- Works with internal departments as needed to address customer issues.
- Places calls to customers to inform them of product specials. Also, when a shipping problem is detected (e.g., late shipment, ordered product out of stock, etc.), proactively contacts customers to inform them of the issue and propose alternative solutions, when applicable.
- Solicits sale of new or additional products.
- Performs other duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
The above position description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential functions of, and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a high-growth product organization with a rapidly expanding product line and customer base
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in a Windows environment including MS Word &Excel
- Ability to work independently as well as with peers, managers, clients and outside vendors
- Proficient in all internal systems (Masterpack, Tool web, phone system, etc.) with little or no supervision.
- A well rounded knowledge of all members/roles of the organization which will lead to a higher level of customer service and seamless service delivery.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all customer service processes and procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all vendor or MFR relationships/partnerships.
- Product knowledge on the top selling tools and equipment.
- Meet quality standards set forth to deliver outstanding customer service and effective communication.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant sales and/or customer service
- Experience in the automotive tool & equipment industry a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.