Purpose of Role
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products customers need. As a Delivery Coordinator, this means:
- Coordinating and supporting deliveries from beginning to end, serving as the expert for answering questions and solving problems related to deliveries.
- Tracking and ensuring merchandise is accurately accounted for, handled, and delivered.
- Gathering detailed information from customers and conducting safety reviews.
The Delivery Coordinator plays a critical role as gatekeeper and final reviewer of every delivery to ensure our drivers have the necessary information to make a safe delivery and that the needs of our customer have been met. Although some time will be spent physically helping with deliveries, time will also be spent within the system tracking and looking up item availability for deliveries. To be successful, the associate must maintain strong customer, colleague, and vendor relationships, and have a strong knowledge of safety protocols and proper delivery procedures.
- Provides SMART customer service at all times through the daily execution of Lowe’s customer service policies, procedures and programs.
- Seeks out customers to understand his/her needs and assists in locating, demonstrating, selecting, carrying, and/or loading merchandise.
- Listens to and responds knowledgeably and promptly to customer and employee questions by taking them to areas of the store and walking them through projects when necessary.
- Demonstrates sincere appreciation to customers.
- Communicates information to customers regarding all stock, special order merchandise, feature benefits, application, and warranty information related to Lowe’s programs.
- Cross-functionally trains in other areas of the store to help deliver the best customer service.
- Coordinates, executes, and monitors driver/delivery schedule to ensure adequate delivery capacity and on-time delivery.
- Reviews the Order Management System for the next day’s deliveries and plans accordingly, making calls and verifying the status of product as necessary.
- Manages installation project deliveries by sourcing product from multiple stores and/or vendors and coordinating delivery to occur at the same time.
- Contacts drivers, customers, fleet services, Lowes.com, and/or the Central Delivery Office (CDO) to address and resolve problems with deliveries.
- Makes customer calls to manage deliveries and confirm satisfaction with delivered products.
- Assists sales associates with deliveries and serves as subject matter expert (SME) to other store staff for delivery activities and procedures.
- Acts as liaison between day shift and night shift delivery staff to communicate important issues and task updates.
- Moves stock and other materials to and from delivery bays using the appropriate tools and equipment (e.g., scanners, forklifts, pallet jacks, dollies).
- Inspects condition of products (e.g., appliances) and audits delivery bays and staging areas for accuracy before loading for delivery.
- Pulls and stages merchandise, builds and bands delivery loads, and loads trucks (within the truck’s payload) according to delivery order.
- Matches items on invoice with quantities loaded by verifying descriptions, items, and model numbers.
Clean and Safe Stores
- Gathers detailed information during delivery setup calls so that drivers can prepare for and be aware of any onsite safety concerns.
- Inputs work orders and keeps paperwork filed and organized in the delivery office.
- Ensures that the loads are safe, secure, and within Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Verifies daily vehicle inspections and reports and ensures cleanliness, maintenance, and repairs for delivery vehicles and other equipment (e.g., lift gates).
- Detects common signs of shoplifting, theft, and other security risks, and promptly communicates them to management and/or Asset Protection.
- Ensures compliance with housekeeping standards and programs (e.g., Zone Recovery) to maintain cleanliness and organization of store and working areas.
- Maintains a safe and secure work environment, which may include conducting daily safety reviews, noting hazards, keeping aisles clear, and securing doors and gates.
- Adheres to all safety requirements relevant to one’s regular job duties: top stock safety, reinstalling safety cables, use of aisle blockers, a tether line on power equipment, spotters, and safety devices.
- Operates store equipment as needed depending on one specific role and department (e.g., Zebra phone, telephone, paging system, copiers, fax machines, computers, CCTV surveillance system, key cutter, panel saw, paint mixer, flooring cutters, compacter baler).
- 6 months of delivery experience, for example in a warehouse or retail environment OR 6 months of retail customer service experience.
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction).
- Ability to obtain sales related licensure or registration as may be required by law.
- 1 year of experience working in a retail store OR customer service position.
- 3 months of experience operating forklift/power equipment such as lifts, order pickers, and similar equipment.
- 2 years of experience following up on outstanding or incomplete customer orders, sales, deliveries, or installs.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lowes.com.