Website Lakeland Regional Health
Director of Case Management
Lakeland Regional Health
Reporting to the AVP of Care Continuum and Organizational Effectiveness, the Director of Case Management is a multi-faceted leadership position responsible for directing all aspects of case management, social work, and discharge planning for the Medical Center and across the care continuum. This position requires advanced knowledge and expertise to identify and implement a comprehensive and optimized case management program that spans across the care continuum in order to provide patients care at the right time by the right people and in the right setting. This leadership position requires extensive experience in working with advanced discharge planning and care continuum needs. The Director of Case Management is responsible for implementing and developing programs aimed at helping us meet our strategic priorities of optimizing length of stay and reducing readmissions.
Other focuses include ensuring appropriate post-acute care utilization, reducing unnecessary hospital utilization, and improving chronic disease management. This leadership position is responsible for clinical, quality, and cost effective outcomes and will collect, trend, and analyze data to be used in identifying opportunities and targeting performance improvement efforts. This individual understands how healthcare’s shift to value-based payment models requires organizations to focus on improving care and engaging physicians with high risk/high need individuals. The Director of Case Management is responsible for working closely with community partners including Skilled Nursing Facilities, Home Health Care Agencies and other organizations within the community who can assist LRH achieve its strategic goals.
Strategies such as employing a population health management approach, implementing team-based and integrated care models, quality improvement and addressing the social determinants of health are all methodologies with which the Director of Case Management should be familiar. The continuum of care includes pre-inpatient, inpatient, outpatient, post-acute and community settings.
- Lives Our Promises:
- To treasure all people all uniquely created
- To nurture, educate and guide with integrity
- To inspire each and every one of us to do our very best
- Develops and promotes Caring Relationships:
- Caring for self
- Caring for each other
- Caring for patients and families
- Caring for communities
- Exhibits professional conduct and appearance in adherence with all applicable policies.
- Performs all duties with respect and integrity.
* People At The Heart Of All We Do
- Communicates appropriately with patients, families, team members, and our community in a manner that treasures all people as uniquely created.
- Ensures patients and families have the best possible experiences across the continuum of care.
- Fosters an inclusive and engaged environment through teamwork and collaboration.
* Safety And Performance Improvement
- Behaves in a mindful manner focused on self, patient, visitor, and team safety.
- Demonstrates accountability and commitment to quality work.
- Leads actively process improvement and adoption of standard work.
- Demonstrates responsible use of LRH’s resources including people, finances, equipment and facilities.
- Knows and adheres to organizational and department policies and procedures.
* Standard Work
- Ensures team members work in effective collaboration with physicians, clinical staff, finance, and patients and their families to ensure safe and efficient transitions of care.
Degree Level: Masters
Degree Type: Nursing, Business, Social Work, or related field
- Minimum 5+ years of successful administrative leadership experience in a community hospital system in Case Management, Social Work, Population Health, Clinical or other related operational leadership role.
- Experience in program development is required
- 5+ prior years’ experience in clinical, case management, social work, and/or nurse navigation experience
- 10 years of years of successful administrative leadership experience in a community hospital system in Case Management, Social Work, Population Health, Clinical or other related operational leadership role.
- Case Manager Certification preferred with expectations to obtain ACM/CCM certification within 1 year of employment
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt preferred with expectations to obtain Certified Lean Six Sigma
Yellow Belt within 1 year of employment and Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt within 2 years
SEND RESUME AND SALARY INFORMATION TO
About Lakeland Regional Health
Lakeland Regional Health is committed to providing patient-focused, health care services while continuing to improve the quality of care to our patients, families, guests and physicians.