Website Colorado Boxed Beef Co.
The dock Worker is responsible for working a safe organized manner unloading truck, unpacking and down-stacking pallets, verifying and moving goods into storage and for keeping records on incoming shipments.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- One (1) year work-related experience, skills and knowledge in warehouse environment.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Good organization skills – prioritize work assignments and manage work time.
- Basic skills in use of computers and software programs.
- Two (2) years work-related experience, skills and knowledge in warehouse environment.
- One (1) year work-related experience using material handling equipment, electric pallet jack.
- Work with a safety first mentality following all safety guidelines, SOPs and best practices.
- Work in a clean neat orderly manner always cleaning your work area throughout your shift and following all 5-S housekeeping practices and CBB recycling program.
- Unload trucks, Pack and unpack items onto pallets to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yards.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, supply rooms, or other areas.
- Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas.
- Keep records on the use and/or damage of stock or stock handling equipment.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Provide assistance to other stockroom or warehouse workers.
- Reliable, consistent attendance is requirement and essential function for this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of principles and methods for moving goods within a warehouse/storage facility.
- Knowledge of equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective safety and security of people and facilities.
- Ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions to carry out and accomplish work assignments.
Physical Demands and Work Environment