This position is responsible for guiding the daily work flow of the Field Service Technicians. Provide customer on-site diagnosis, maintenance, repair, installation, and/or removal of complex electromechanical motors and equipment. Service never before repaired motors and/or equipment. Work independently on all sizes of accounts and/or complex jobs.
The essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Direct the daily work of Field Service Technicians.
- Assist Technicians with their work.
- Communicate clearly and concisely while providing directions to employees.
- Ensure tools and equipment are available and in good working condition in order to work efficiently and effectively.
- Read work scopes to determine job status, work authorizations/limitations, description of problems, and/or expected serviceability
- Analyze and diagnose motors and equipment prior to repair and/or removal.
- Determine if repairs can be completed in the field or if equipment needs to be sent to the shop for repair.
The position requirements are:
- Associates degree and/or trade school degree in electrical or mechanical studies preferred.
- Five years hands-on experience with mechanical or electrical equipment.
- AC and/or DC experience and knowledge including working with small or large (horsepower) motors and equipment.
- Based on location may require Vibration Institute certification, Category I or II, or must be working toward certification.
- Strong interpersonal skills working directly with customers at the customer’s work sites.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently with little direction on a daily basis.
- Good knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to foster good employee/management relations and build a strong team effort to fulfill customers’ expectations.
- Ability to promote teamwork and direct work of employees.
- Ability to train and mentor employees.
- Ability to perform basic math functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division including understanding fractions and percentages.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend complex written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to understand, perform, and retain various job related training, operational, and safety procedures.
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgment, and decision making related to non-routine duties within company standards.
- Ability to operate overhead cranes, fork lift trucks, and other equipment.
- Ability to operate various hand tools and dill press.
- Although seldom, ability to work in confined spaces.
- Frequent travel including overnight required.
Please attach a resume and include a cover letter describing why you are qualified for this role based on the position requirements described above.
To apply for this job please visit ats.flandersinc.com.