SUMMARY OF POSITION
Operates a gas or electric forklift in and between departments, buildings and grounds. Collects and delivers a wide variety of materials while adhering to safety procedures. Delivers materials to work areas as directed, stacks materials in storage areas and loads/unloads trailers for inbound or outbound goods. Forklift certification required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS THAT SUPPORT OPERATIONAL GOALS
- Operate gas or electric forklift in and between departments, buildings and grounds.
- Load and unload trucks with incoming and outgoing materials.
- Check incoming materials for shortages or damaged materials.
- Collect and deliver a wide variety of materials while adhering to established safety procedures.
- Deliver materials to work areas as directed; stacks materials in storage areas in and out of racks.
- Operate palletizer equipment and use computer systems for production and loading.
- Perform cycle counts on materials and ingredients.
- Perform cycle counts on finished goods.
- Attend communication meetings as required.
- Pull pallets and place them accordingly to be able to walk around them and check for any damage.
- Ensure pallets and products are reviewed for damage; change if damaged.
- Pull product and load trucks as needed.
- Ensure work area is clean and organized before leaving premises.
- Follow First In First Out (FIFO) policies and procedures and ensure product is stacked accordingly.
- All paperwork must be in order and accurate (ex: shipping documents, receipts, transfers, holds, etc.).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Inventory software and Manufacturing software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Forklift Truck Certification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This Job Description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested by their manager or supervisor.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.