Website Suncoast Community Health Centers
POSITION TITLE: FRONT OFFICE REPRESENTATIVE DENTAL
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or GED
- Strong customer service experience and qualifications preferred
- Money and credit card transactions experience preferred
- Experience in dental front office preferred.
- Knowledge of dental terminology and procedures, experience in dental insurance billing, computer data entry and retrieval is preferred.
- Computer literate
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Greet and register all incoming patients in an efficient, courteous, and professional manner.
- Verifies insurance eligibility daily.
- Financial counsel all appointment patients including understanding and explaining various dental insurances and sliding fees.
- Scan and name documents including medical history, registration, insurance letters, ID and insurance cards, paystubs or financial documents, dental clearance forms, progress notes and treatment plan from Open Dental.
- Comply with Suncoast money handling policies, collects applicable co-pays and payments and correctly apply them to patient accounts.
- Manage scheduling of dental providers for all patients and walk-ins, and with follow up on missed/no show appointments.
- Always keep patients and visitors informed of wait times.
- Answer telephone in a courteous and professional manner, record accurate patient messages and/or complaints, respond as soon as possible and direct them appropriately.
- Provide follow-up on missed/no-show appointments and accommodate same-day appointment requests.
- Submit claims, referrals, and pre-authorizations.
- Other duties as assigned.