SUMMARY OF POSITION
Manages the operations of assigned restaurant; responsible for achieving planned sales and profit levels for the restaurant through the implementation, management, and enforcement of company policies, procedures, programs, and performance standards.
Directly supervises all managers and employees during the entire hours of operation of assigned restaurant. Accountable for all administration and operations, ensuring execution of all employee duties to guarantee maximum guest satisfaction and a quality work environment.
Reports directly to Regional Manager
Internal Contacts: Extensive contacts with all levels of store personnel as well as all home office departments.
External Contacts: Extensive contacts include guests, distributors, repair technicians, vendors, salespersons, and community organizations and schools.
POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS
- Responsible for achieving plan profit levels while ensuring maximum guest satisfaction.
- Plans and analyzes unit’s manpower, ensuring sufficient development and training of all employees, including management.
- Conducts employment activities to include staffing (hire/fire responsibilities) interviewing, training, and conducting performance reviews with all dining room personnel, as well as, recommending salary increases and preparing employee documentation.
- Attendance of University of Perkins is required; as well as; achieving and maintaining ServSafe certification.
- Required, under certain circumstances, to perform/assist all functions for all positions in the restaurant.
- Ensures that all menu items are prepared, portioned, and presented properly in a clean safe, and sanitary manner according to all established procedures, performance standards, and specifications.
- Ensures managers and all team members are monitoring and overseeing food temperatures during hot and cold handling to reduce the incidence of risk factors known to cause food borne illness.
- Ensures the unit’s compliance to productivity and service standards with a sufficient number of well-trained and productive employees.
- Ensures proper management of the facility and equipment through preventive maintenance, energy conservation, repairs, security measures, and adherence to safety and sanitation requirements.
- Ensures that inventory levels for both food and non-food items are properly maintained in accordance with company guidelines through correct ordering procedures and efficiency usage and yield application.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve guest satisfaction.
- Accountable for accurate financial data to include: payroll, cash and receipts, productivity food costs, security of funds, and operating expenses; prepares and reviews financial reports.
- Attends scheduled regional meetings; makes presentations as requested.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Extensive standing, without breaks
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depths of 2 1/2 – 3 ft.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided
- Must be able to fit through openings 30″ wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Communicating with guests; telephone etiquette; operating cash register
- Carrying trays of food products weighing about 20 pounds for distances up to 30 feet
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
EDUCATION LEVEL REQUIRED
High school diploma; some college or degree preferred.
Two years previous managerial experience; preferably in the food service industry.
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the employee may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
To apply for this job please visit perkins.careerplug.com.