Website LEGOLAND Florida Resort
Guest Services Team Leader
LEGOLAND Florida Resort is a 150-acre interactive theme park dedicated to families with children between the ages of 2 and 12. With more than 50 rides, shows, and attractions, and uniquely themed LEGOLAND Water Park, LEGOLAND Hotel, and LEGOLAND Beach Resort inspired by the LEGO and DUPLO brands, LEGOLAND is geared towards family fun!
LEGOLAND Florida Resort is part of Merlin Entertainments plc. A business built on fun, Merlin is a global leader in location based, family entertainment. As Europe’s Number 1 and the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates over 100 attractions, 15 hotels, and 6 holiday villages in 24 countries and across 4 continents. Our aim is to deliver unique, memorable, and rewarding experiences to millions of visitors across our growing estate of the best known names in global leisure.
About the role…
Effectively manage and operate the Guest Services & VIP Experiences function with the business. Ensures that the Guest Service Team gives a great first and last impression to our guests. Ensures operating and cash handling procedures are adhered to. Aligns staffing levels to attendance and adjusts accordingly in line with attendance and financial budgets. Resolves and manages all Guest concerns as required.
Ensure consistent development and coaching to existing Team Members and performance management of Guest Services Lead. Provide on-going assessment and feedback to Line Manager. Ensure compliance with all department and company standards and government regulations.
What you’ll be doing…
- Serving as a Liaison between the Product Excellence Department and our Guests.
- Constant development of Lead’s, their role and their performance.
- Resolving Guest concerns when they occur and consistently managing the process to ensure consistency and cost control.
- Act and behave appropriately in accordance with company standards and procedures to ensure that the Guest Services Department is perceived in the correct way
- Ensure teams are meeting KPI targets, and that Performance Management plans are in place to ensure appropriate procedures are followed.
- Looks for opportunities to ensure value for money is maintained in every booking made identifying up selling opportunities.
- To maintain effective relationships, and liaise with other departments within the business to gain updated knowledge.
- Coordinate/coach the training and counseling of both new and current Model Citizens.
- Formal counseling
- Cash Handling
- Prepare new hire paperwork
- Updated policies and procedures
- Coordinate/perform all opening/closing procedures, therefore, enabling all MCs in Guest Services to perform their duties for the day.
- Providing supplies needed
- Make sure work areas are operational
- Audit MC’s daily paperwork
- Coordinate/supervise the Cashing out procedures for MCs.
- Issue change
- Finalize closing deposits
- Assist in rebuilding all floats for the following days.
- Reconciliation of Comps issues for the day.
- Conduct ongoing audits of MC paperwork of previous days.
- Manage the Guest Services Department which includes, Lost & Found and VIP Experiences.
- Assist in reuniting Guests with their lost items.
- Coordination of reallocating items left after 30 days.
- Day to day management of the Team
- Create schedules for all Guest Services MCs in order to fill the positions necessary to operate on any given day. Managing the schedule in line with financial budgets, park operating hours and the needs of the business.
- Time and attendance management
- Audit and maintain time sheets for payroll
- Maintaining Ceridian pay role system and When 2 Work scheduling system
- Operational management and delivery of VIP Experience program
- Scheduling of VIP Experience Hosts
- Communication with Guests concerning their reservation, visit and any inquires they have
- Act as an ambassador for the VIP Experience program with day to day communications of VIP Tour
- Communication of VIP Experience visits in advance of Guest visit to ensure Park Teams are prepared for the visit as well as on the day communication
- Product development of VIP Experiences program, product and marketing materials
Who we’re looking for…
Theme Park or related customer service experience is essential. Requires excellent organizational and planning skills. The ability to execute multiple tasks is required. Self-motivation and demonstrated initiative is imperative. The candidate must lead by example with a demonstrated history of supporting colleagues, a team player. Strong problem solving skills and dedicated to providing outstanding Guest Service required. Demonstrated ability to remain calm under pressure. Computer skills (Word, Excel, e-mail, Power Point) are an advantage. Cash handling experience is preferred. Knowledge of ticketing system imperative. Spanish speaking would be advantageous.
Where you’ll work…
LEGOLAND Florida, 1 Legoland Way
Winter Haven, Florida, 33884
What you’ll get…
In addition to a fun and friendly environment, you will also find: competitive salary free entry to LEGOLAND Florida Resort (which also extends to family and friends) 30% discount on LEGOLAND Florida Resort food, beverage and retail products, tuition assistance, free unlimited usage of the local transit system
Furthermore you will enjoy continuous support and opportunities to branch out and develop your career within LEGOLAND and Merlin Entertainments!
Here at Merlin Entertainments we are proud to have a diverse workforce, and we’re all about providing equal opportunities to the whole team. Because of this we are committed to an active all together programme which starts with our recruitment and selection process.