The IT team for Harrell’s LLC is a highly motivated group focused on serving the Harrell’s mission and remaining the industry technology leaders. With several custom applications unique to Harrell’s, the software is ever changing and growing to accommodate user needs. Different than a typical IT department, Harrell’s IT works closely with every department to streamline processes and develop new systems and processes to further enhance efficiencies. Harrell’s believes strongly in putting the employee first. Providing the best tools, training, and support for each employee is the first priority of this team.
We are currently seeking an entry level Help Desk Support Specialist. Responsibilities include first point of contact for Harrell’s users and web portal customers. Testing, documenting, and supporting applications are all included in the job description. Candidate will show excellent troubleshooting skills and interpersonal skills. Candidates will also show an ability to learn complex concepts quickly and be able to discuss and teach them to technical and non-technical users in the appropriate manner. The ideal candidate will have help desk experience and be ready to move to the next step.
- Technical Support – Provides initial contact and support to employees and customers for software and hardware.
- Help Desk – Maintain the Help Desk system and Knowledge Base. Keep track of the department’s open tickets to ensure timely resolutions, including ability to determine priority and impact issues.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment failures, determine malfunction, repair and spare parts requirements.
- Determine user requirements, diagnose problems, determine causes of software failures and take required action.
- Install software packages on individual and networked systems. May install networking, communications, user, and server software.
- Other Duties – Performs other information technology related duties as assigned by the IT Manager as well as maintaining professional development through the increase of technical competence and knowledge of hardware and software through tutorials, classes, and other training.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience required.
- 3-5 years related experience required.
- Help desk or Software support experience required.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS::
SKILLS AND ABILITIES::
- Excellent troubleshooting/problem solving skills.
- General office and phone skills.
- Good interpersonal skills including excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Testing and documentation skills.
- Project and Task management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Accounting Software Experience (Microsoft Dynamics GP preferred but not required).
- Basic Networking Skills.
- PC, Peripheral & Typical Office Hardware Knowledge.
- Communicating with internal and external customers – must be able to talk, hear, see, and comprehend
- Mobility of arms – Must be able to reach, and use arms to manipulate small objects.
- Mobility of legs– Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time, reach, bend, and lift up to 30 pounds.
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to the typical office environment, as well as occasionally working with supplies stored in the warehouse.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT::
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by interns, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. This internship will be evaluated after each applicable semester with possibilities for extension as long as student is still enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Harrell’s LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Protected Veterans/Disabled.
This company will provide Equal Opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, GINA, and age.
To apply for this job please visit theapplicantmanager.com.