Website Lamar Advertising
CONSTRUCTION WORKER Posted 2/15/2018
This position requires a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
Applications only accepted at applynow.lamar.com
The purpose of the Construction Worker is to install and maintain ground mounted signs along controlled and non-controlled access roadways. This is completed by receiving a schedule of jobs from the Operations Manager and driving to each location in a company provided truck.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Work with other Construction Workers on the installation and maintenance of ground mounted signs along controlled and non-controlled access roadways
• Installation and removal of additional signs attached to the ground mounted signs which requires construction work at various heights above ground level
• Vegetation control related to the ground mounted signs including removal of trees, brush, weeds, etc.
• Organization and cleaning of warehouse space and supply yard area
Location Specific Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Willing to travel an average of 4 nights per week
• Willing to work/travel cycles up to 10 consecutive days at a time
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
• Familiar with the use and maintenance of construction power/manual tools, and basic construction equipment and machinery
• Skill in using and maintaining construction power/manual tools and basic construction equipment, including chain saw and wood chipper, and how to use them in order install, maintain, or remove interstate signs
• Ability to lift at least 100 pounds in order to install, maintain, or remove interstate signs
• Skill in writing brief sentences in order to complete reports on completed jobs
• Skill in taking photographs to catalog completed jobs
• Ability to work at ranging heights of 20-30 feet in the air
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• High School Education or equivalent
• Driver’s license is required
• Commercial driver’s license Class A (CDL) required
• Willingness and ability to earn a National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO) certification
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The primary work environment is outdoors.
• The physical demands for this position include heavy lifting, pushing, reaching, seeing (which includes reading, color distinction, acuity, depth perception, and peripheral vision), sitting less than 50% of the time, standing, stooping, talking, turning, walking, and climbing.
• Nights spent away from home traveling are over 50% of the time.
Overtime opportunities are available
All applicants must apply at applynow.lamar.com for consideration.
No phone calls please!
Lamar is an EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans or any other State or Federally protected characteristic