Website Mid-State Industrial Maintenance
Founded in 1975, Mid-State started out as a Machine Shop with 15 employees servicing mostly the Phosphate industry. Today, Mid-State employees over 500 people serving the Phosphate, Chemical, Power, Citrus, Sand & Aggregate, and many other industries by offering turnkey solutions including field maintenance, fabrication, dragline repair, machining, pump repair, gearbox repair, and valve repair. Mid-State is equipped with industry experts, over 200,000 square feet of shop space, and overhead crane capacity up to 35 tons all which allow us to meet all of our clients’ needs.
As an HR Assistant, you will perform day to day administrative tasks that support Human Resources activities.
- Track and reconcile various billings / invoices. (Medical, Dental Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, Supplemental Insurances, Third-Party Medical and Background Check Providers.)
- Update Organizational Charts weekly, save to designated shared drive location and send to a distribution list of individuals.
- Process Safety Boot and Prescription Safety Glasses reimbursements in accordance with policies. Enter any associated payroll deductions into applicable software.
- Complete properly authorized verification of employment requests, within 48 hours.
- Maintain employee records related to attendance, performance reviews, and disciplinary actions within the employee file.
- Participate in event planning; help with administrative tasks and logistics coordination; assist with set-up and take-down; “work” the event to ensure everything goes as planned. (Events are often after-hours and / or on weekends, but in-frequent.)
- Responsible for keeping the file room organized and supplies stocked.
- Perform administrative tasks at the direction of the HR Director or Sr. HR Generalist.
- Compile and prepare reports from HR Information Software and other sources, as requested.
- Perform data entry into HR and related software being careful to ensure data integrity;
- Maintain DOT files ensure annual physicals are completed within deadlines and files are in compliance with legal requirements.
- Use of personal vehicle to run Company errands, occasionally.
- This position requires occasional travel for training (possibly overnight / multiple days.)
- Assist with open enrollment; Prepare and/or organize enrollment materials; Coordinate employee meetings.
- Maintain a familiarity with benefits in order to be able to answer general employee questions.
- Provide assistance to the Sr. HR Generalist and support efforts to fill open positions and/or build a pipeline of candidates for future openings.
- Assist hiring managers with obtaining access to view resumes for their job openings via an Applicant Tracking Software (ATS).
- Process and review employment applications to evaluate qualifications or eligibility.
- Find and send resumes, as requested by hiring managers or the Sr. HR Generalist.
- Reach out to candidates to ensure their applications are filled out as required.
- Perform and document phone interviews with candidates to obtain and verify information used to screen and evaluate them.
- Inform candidates that have been interviewed when a position has been filled.
- Coordinate phone and in-person interviews and schedule utilizing Outlook.
- Post and close positions and update candidate statuses in the ATS.
- Ensure positions are pushed to job posting sites via ATS Aggregator, coordinate with Marketing to post select jobs on social media.
- Track candidate and position updates in a Summary spreadsheet and communicate to any roadblocks to the Sr. HR Generalist.
- Maintain, collect and/or organize new hire records including phone screen notes, applications and/or resumes, signed offer letters, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED, with 1+ years of experience in Human Resources or an Office Administration role, is required. Will also consider a Bachelor’s degree in an applicable study area (such as Human Resources, Communication Studies, Psychology, Business, etc.) with no experience.
- Excellent Time Management and Organizational skills. Managing one’s own time and the time of others. Developing goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize a high volume of new hires.
- Proficiency with Outlook, Excel and Word. (Or desire and capability to become proficient.)
- Experience with HRIS software, is preferred. (ADP Workforce Now, is a plus.)
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Software (ATS), is preferred. (ApplicantPro, is a plus.)
- Must be an Active Learner – understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Above average Communication Skills, required. Communicating clearly via phone, in written form, e-mail, or in-person.
- Excellent Attention to Detail – being careful about detail and thorough in completing tasks.
- Must be a Cooperative Team Player – displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Dependability – job requires someone who is reliable, responsible, and fulfills obligations.
- This position has access to sensitive information. Must always be honest and ethical and operate at all times with a high-level of integrity. Must recognize the importance of confidentiality and maintain confidential information, without exception.
- Concern for Others – being understanding and helpful on the job.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – being open to change (whether it’s personally perceived to be positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Self-Motivation and Initiative – willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges, by one’s own initiative – not only when asked.
- Stress Tolerance – accepting constructive criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Independence – developing one’s own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Self-Control – maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding passive-aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Follow-up and Persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Social Orientation – job requires preferring to work with others rather than alone, and being personally connected with others on the job.
- Achievement/Effort – establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Analytical Thinking – analyzing information and using logic to address issues and problems.
- Innovation – creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and suggestions for improvement.
- This is a non-exempt position.
- This position reports to the Director of Human Resources.
- This position typically has 0 direct reports.
- Mid-State is proud to offer benefits to all of its full-time employees. Benefits available include; Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Life and AD&D Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401(k), Vacation, Holiday pay, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Physical Requirements / Working Environment
- Location is at 2721 Mine and Mill Road, Lakeland, FL.
- This is a full-time position. Days and Hours of work may vary and are somewhat flexible but they are generally Monday through Friday, between the core hours of 7 am to 6 pm. Must be willing and able to work overtime – nights, weekends and holidays, when necessary.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- This is a largely sedentary role; however, while performing the duties of this job, the employee will be frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or controls; reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. This position will require occasional standing, walking, balancing, stooping, kneeling, and crouching. Must be able to occasionally lift or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Mid-State maintains a firm commitment in providing a safe and healthy work environment for its employees and quality services to its clients. Mid-State is a drug-free workplace. Must be able to pass a post-offer / pre-placement drug screen and job-related employment physicals. Must also submit to a post-offer / pre-employment background check and motor vehicle report.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Mid-State participates in E-Verify. Go to https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify to learn more.
To apply for this job please visit midstateindustrialcorp.applicantpro.com.