Amazon is looking for an HR Business Analyst who is excited about transforming HR processes and build customer-centric, sustainable, and scalable mechanisms for Amazon’s Last Mile organization. The role is part of Amazon’s HR Centralization team. The role requires understanding customer needs, building and implementing dashboards, defining measurement mechanisms & success measures, and reporting business performance on a regular basis.
The ideal candidate should be a detail-oriented, organized planner with the demonstrated ability to respond effectively and efficiently. The candidate should be self-driven and possess the ability to work in an ambiguous environment with minimal guidance or supervision. As such, the candidate must be skilled at anticipating problems, constructing the solution, and managing multiple priorities. The candidate should effectively use HR data to provide meaningful insights and recommendations to HR operational leaders, create any subsequent project proposals, and track any deliverables.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards to drive key business decisions
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for data analyses
- Display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format, and present findings in a clear and concise manner
- Synthesize data to provide impactful insights and process improvement recommendations
- Partner closely with the HR and operations teams to understand team barriers
- Generate ad hoc reports to support various business needs and partner with other technical teams to create scalable solutions for reoccurring requests
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance, or related technical field
- 2+ years of experience in analytics, reporting & data management, data science or similar job function
- Proficiency with data extraction or manipulation using SQL, ETL
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel (e.g., complex statements, VBA)
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau and/or QuickSight
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills – able to interface with all levels of the organization, specific strength in influencing decision makers and managing expectations
- 3+ years of experience in analytics, reporting & data management, data science or similar job function
- Working experience in an HR functions such as Compensation, Benefits, Recruiting Operations, HR Operations.
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail, able to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience with HCM Systems like PeopleSoft, Workday, Oracle
- Ability to work with business owners to define key business questions and build data sets that answer those questions
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in developing forecasting models
- Moderate to advanced programming knowledge using R, Python, etc.