Website Wedgewood Healthcare Center
An extraordinary opportunity to be a part of a culture you can be proud of by joining one of the nations’ top Long Term Care, Skilled Nursing health care providers in our dynamic facility located in Lakeland, FL.
As one of America’s top leading providers of medical services and rehabilitation for elderly patients in communities across the nation, Consulate Health Care provides the highest standard of services for short-term and long-term care needs. Our professionals impact our organization, our clients, and their families in a variety of constructive ways, every day. Even as we’ve grown to become the sixth-largest provider in the nation and the largest in the Sunshine State, it’s the little things we do while fulfilling our mission statement of “Providing Service with Our Hearts and Hands” that really make the difference.
A position with Consulate Health Care means more than just a paycheck. We believe in creating a positive environment that reinforces your efforts to succeed and supports your long-term career development. We offer the opportunity to work with large corporation, but with the benefit of a small company feel!
Purpose of Your Job Position
As a Consulate Health Care facility, the primary purpose of the Human Resources Coordinator job position is to perform all payroll functions, manage the recruitment/hiring processes, maintain personnel files and perform all other HR functions for the center, as may be directed.
As Human Resources Coordinator, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. Responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate payment of employee paychecks and all assigned Human Resource functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process employee payroll on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Manage the recruitment and hiring processes, including: recruiting, interviewing, pre-employment screening and new employee orientation.
- Maintain personnel files in accordance to company policy and long-term healthcare regulations.
- Assist with employee engagement and retention initiatives.
- Submit written reports to the Executive Director as requested.
- Respond to employee inquiries concerning their payroll file.
- Advise managers and employees on human resources policies.
- Assist employees with benefit inquiries.
- Manage the Worker’s Compensation documentation in concert with the claims’ manager.
- Respond to employment verifications and unemployment claim inquiries.
- Assist with managing leaves of absence and other time off.
- Attend meeting and in-service training sessions as appropriate.
- May be trained and assigned to perform the Customer Care Liaison duties as needed.
Education and Experience
- Experience performing HR tasks, with 2+ years HR/Payroll Coordinator experience highly preferred.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of payroll processing. Lawson and PeopleNet payroll system experience preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with computer systems.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high-school diploma. Some college or technical training preferred.
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we’re looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you’ll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you’ll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation’s leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- “Your Journey Home” short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer’s and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients