Website Valmont Industries
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
In coordination with the General Manager, the incumbent assists with implementation of Human Resources programs and practices in a manner that improves employee relations.
This position operates under the day to day supervision of the General Manager and assists in the recruiting, onboarding, planning, practices, training, benefits, safety and related programs for the Valmont Utility,
Fort Meade Operations. The intent of the position is to create an environment for employees that promotes productivity, teamwork and increases the skills and well-being of the employees.
The position is structured by the nature of the work. The incumbent must have good interpersonal skills to work with a variety of employees effectively. The incumbent must be able to effectively work within a team environment and to be cognizant of the basic functions of the various departments within the organization. Supervision is provided by the General Manager with consultation available as needed for decision making and consistent application of company policies and procedures.
- Process hourly and temp payroll hours for approximately 50 employees within Workday; to include weekly and biweekly employees; report hours worked to staffing agencies
- Organize and enter vacation requests for weekly/biweekly employees
- Maintain attendance file for production employees
- Recruit and post positions within Workday
- Participate in interview process for permanent and temporary employees
- In charge of new hire process via Workday, including I-9, background, drug screening
- In charge of new hire orientation and onboarding
- Point of contact for temporary staffing
- Participate in AAP planning
- Maintain employee personnel files
- Maintain temp and perm headcount and rollovers
- Initiate Corrective Action and Written Warnings as directed by Supervisors and Foremen, with approval from General Manager
- Enter employee pay rate increases and personal information changes in Workday
- Perform random drug testing through oral swab procedure
- Assist with general office duties i.e. answer phones, assist with purchasing, logistics, and other duties assigned by the General Manager.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- High School diploma and 4+ years of work/educational experience or Associates Degree
- General knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of EEO, AAP and other legal aspects of the HR function.
- Demonstrate strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Ability to work with confidential information
- Exhibit strong communication skills, both orally and written.
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Associates Degree in Human Resources
- Professional ability to learn and master in-house computer applications
- Familiar with Workday software
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
To apply for this job please visit valmont.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.