Website Mid-State Industrial Maintenance
Founded in 1975, Mid-State started out as a Machine Shop with 15 employees servicing mostly the Phosphate industry. Today, Mid-State employees over 500 people serving the Phosphate, Chemical, Power, Citrus, Sand & Aggregate, and many other industries by offering turnkey solutions including field maintenance, fabrication, dragline repair, machining, pump repair, gearbox repair, and valve repair. Mid-State is equipped with industry experts, over 200,000 square feet of shop space, and overhead crane capacity up to 35 tons all which allow us to meet all of our clients’ needs.
- Execute planned sequence of the fabrication process
- Tasks include blue print reading, cutting, grinding, burning, drilling, assembly etc.
- Verify conformance of workpieces to specifications
- Position, align, fit, and weld parts to form complete units or subunits
- Follow blueprints and layout specifications
- Meet quality requirements and safety requirements
- Must be able to tack weld or have some welding knowledge
- Performs housekeeping in area as needed
- Other Duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications
- Employee must be dependable.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Attention to Detail – Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation – Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- This is a non-exempt position.
- This position reports to the Fabrication Shop Superintendent.
- Mid-State is proud to offer benefits to all of its full-time employees. Benefits available include; Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Life and AD&D Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401k, Vacation, Holiday pay, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Physical Requirements / Working Environment
- Location is initially in Lakeland, Florida.
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work vary Monday Sunday and overtime is frequently required.
- Working environment is in an industrial shop; non-climate controlled and is often times hot / humid. Frequent exposure to moving equipment, machines and shop tools, and other safety-sensitive hazards / risks. Must always be alert and able to safely perform the essential duties of the job without risking harm to oneself or others.
- While performing the duties of this job, you will:
- Frequently use hands and arms in handling, moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Routinely perform physical activities that require use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, balancing, walking, and stooping. Occasional climbing.
Other physical requirements include;
- Manual Dexterity ‘ The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp or manipulate objects.
- Finger Dexterity ‘ The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp or manipulate small objects.
- Multi-limb Coordination ‘ The ability to coordinate two or more limbs for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm while sitting or standing.
- Reaction Time ‘ The ability to quickly respond with the hand, finger, or foot to a signal sound, light, picture when it appears.
- Hearing Sensitivity ‘ The ability to detect or tell the differences between sounds that vary in pitch and loudness.
- Near Vision ‘ The ability to see details at close range within a few feet. Far Vision ‘ The ability to see details at a distance.
- Information Ordering ‘ The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations.
- Problem Sensitivity ‘ The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Depth Perception ‘ The ability to judge which of several objects is closer or farther away from you, or to judge the distance between you and an object.
- Extent Flexibility ‘ The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
- Oral Comprehension ‘ The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Static Strength ‘ The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects up to 25 pounds.
- Mid-State maintains a firm commitment in providing a safe and healthy work environment for its employees and quality services to its clients. Mid-State is a drug-free workplace. Must be able to pass a post-offer / pre-placement drug screen and job-related employment physicals. Must also submit to a post-offer / pre-employment background check.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Mid-State participates in E-Verify. Go to https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify to learn more.
To apply for this job please visit midstateindustrialcorp.applicantpro.com.