Purpose of Role
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As a Sales Coordinator, this means:
- Communicating project and product updates to customers and vendors.
- Reviewing project plans and preparing for next steps.
- Promoting a safe and secure work environment by verifying permits (e.g. water heaters).
The Sales Coordinator supports Project Specialists by generating leads, managing project details, and pulling and staging products for projects. To be successful, this associate must be comfortable managing projects, raising concerns or potential areas of risk during a project, and communicating effectively to key stakeholders.
- Provides SMART customer service at all times through the daily execution of Lowe’s customer service
- policies, procedures and programs.
- Seeks out customers to understand his/her needs and assists in locating, demonstrating, selecting,
- carrying, and/or loading merchandise.
- Listens to and responds knowledgeably and promptly to customer and employee questions by taking
- them to areas of the store and walking them through projects when necessary.
- Demonstrates sincere appreciation to customers.
- Communicates information to customers regarding all stock, special order merchandise, feature
- benefits, application, and warranty information related to Lowe’s programs.
- Cross-functionally trains in other areas of the store to help deliver the best customer service.
- Builds relationships with customers, Lowe’s employees, installers, and vendors.
- Calls prospects to generate and qualify leads.
- Calls customers to schedule and coordinate in-home sales projects and to confirm satisfaction with
- those projects.
- Supports customer service and sales during peak selling periods.
- Assists with training, mentoring, and coaching of new employees, at times.
- Performs audits to ensure store has correct sales signage.
- Prepares products for pickup by printing loading ticket and pulling and staging products in the
- appropriate area.
- Reviews, updates, and responds to action items in the order management system (e.g., due file
- reconciliation, customer comments, necessary follow-up by sales associate).
- Contacts vendors on all past-due Special Order Sales (SOS) orders for update.
- Communicates with those involved in product issues and follow-ups when necessary
- Reviews job folders and project plan builds to ensure all required documents are included and
- properly completed.
- Maintains current installer listings.
Clean and Safe Stores
- Verifies permits or applications for permits (e.g., water heaters).
- Detects common signs of shoplifting, theft, and other security risks, and promptly communicates
- them to management and/or Asset Protection.
- Ensures compliance with housekeeping standards and programs (e.g., Zone Recovery) to maintain
- cleanliness and organization of store and working areas.
- Maintains a safe and secure work environment, which may include conducting daily safety reviews,
- noting hazards, keeping aisles clear, and securing doors and gates.
- Adheres to all safety requirements relevant to one’s regular job duties: top stock safety, reinstalling
- safety cables, use of aisle blockers, a tether line on power equipment, spotters, and safety devices.
- Operates store equipment as needed depending on one specific role and department (e.g., Zebra
- phone, telephone, paging system, copiers, fax machines, computers, CCTV surveillance system, key
- cutter, panel saw, paint mixer, flooring cutters, compacter baler).
- High school diploma or equivalent plus 2 years of experience coordinating/managing projects for
- consumers OR 5 years of experience coordinating/managing projects for consumers.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of point of sales systems
- Knowledge of project management software tools.
- Experience working in a cross-functional work environment.
- Knowledge of product installation and the production process.
- Experience working in Installed Sales.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lowes.com.