Website Streamsong Resort
Purpose and Scope:
Assign, coordinate, and supervise the set-up and food production areas within the service kitchen to maximize productivity and ensure food quality, set-up and service are in accordance with standardized recipes and procedures.
- Assign and direct the work and train the kitchen associates to maximize productivity and minimize waste.
- Check daily use records with the Executive Chef or Sous Chef so as to make sure that estimates are filled in correctly and make sure that production is following these estimates as closely as possible.
- Pull all food needed for daily production from walk-in box and utilize all leftovers as per SOP and with the help of the Executive Chef or Food Production Manager to minimize waste.
- Attend all employee meetings, come up with sound suggestions on employee problems and promote and maintain effective communication between all of the food production areas within the kitchen.
- Maintain and supervise good housekeeping practices in all areas in the kitchen.Turn in the daily cleaning checklist and practice and strictly enforce the “clean as you go” policy.
- Check out all work stations including the employee cafeteria shift.Ensures proper set-up for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner.
- Check with the Sous Chef on the items needing preparation that day by inventory on a production chart what is on hand presently and bring it up to par stock levels set by the Executive Chef.
- Acts as lead worker in providing assignments and training.
- Monitor and control food under refrigeration to ensure it is properly identified, covered, and dated.
- Key entry control sheets (steak charts) are done daily.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: High School education or equivalent experience.
Experience: 1 to 2 years kitchen experience.
Skills and Abilities: Working knowledge of the kitchen policies and procedures. Ability to operate all types of kitchen equipment. Strong leadership and communication skills necessary to provide and receive information pertinent to the running of the kitchen.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://careers.interstatehotels.com/jobs/1138388-kitchen-supervisor →