ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS THAT SUPPORT OPERATIONAL GOALS
- Adhere to all safety and OSHA plant regulations.
- Clean and make minor adjustments and/or repairs to machinery and equipment, such as opening valves or setting guides.
- Count/record packaging material utilized on line.
- Inspect and remove defective products and packaging material.
- Be attentive to line, looking for problems such as down bottles/cans, jams, under filled bottles or misapplied caps.
- Observe line to ensure quality and conformity of filled or packaged products to standards.
- Regulate machine flow, speed, or temperature.
- Start machine by engaging controls.
- Stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur, clear machine jams, and report malfunctions to a supervisor.
- Supply materials to machine and ensure material availability.
- Record downtime with cause details.
- Ensure machine operates efficiently.
- Partner with maintenance and quality assurance team members.
- Possess strong technical skills and troubleshooting abilities.
- Ability to make decisions independently.
- Ensure labels/cans are correct, accurate and placed appropriately on product.
- Perform basic maintenance as trained.
- Check and record item codes, and other pertinent information.
- Obtain samples for Quality Assurance as needed for analytical testing to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Maintain the production area in a Safe Quality Food (SQF) sanitary manner at all times.
- Disassemble equipment for cleaning and inspection.
- Demonstrate excellent job performance and attendance on a consistent and continuous basis.
- Communicate quality and maintenance issues to management
- All other duties assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Manufacturing software and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.