Website Florida Sheriffs Youth Ranches
The Maintenance I position involves routine maintenance of buildings, grounds, vehicles and equipment at the Youth Villa.
The person in this position is directly responsible to the Supervisor of Maintenance.
This position is eligible for overtime pay.
****IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED A VALID CANDIDATE, WE DO REQUIRE YOU TO COMPLETE “ OUR APPLICATION” .
You are able to print out an application from the web site below and send it directly to:
ATTENTION: ROBIN SUMNER
3350 STATE ROAD 60 EAST
BARTOW, FL 33830
Or you can FAX to #863-533-7000
To download application, please visit our website at https://www.youthranches.org/index.php/contact-us/careers
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE!!
Responsibilities and Duties
The following duties and responsibilities are given as examples of the various types of work performed in this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Provide a positive role model for youth in care.
- Make routine repairs to the buildings as pertains to plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, and appliance repair.
- Maintain the exterior appearance of buildings by periodic pressure cleaning.
- Maintain lawns and operation of mowing equipment.
- Trimming and edging landscaped areas.
- Maintain weed control through regular application of herbicides.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on vehicles and equipment such as oil changes, checking air in tires, etc.
- Assist with non-cash donation pick-ups.
- Ensure cleanliness of campus by conducting a daily morning road inspection and removing all litter and debris present.
Qualifications and Skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The person filling this position must have a high school diploma or GED. Two to three years work experience in general maintenance related field is preferred.
The physical requirements described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, hear, talk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and reach with hands and arms. The employee is extensively required to stand and use hands and fingers.
The employee will regularly lift and or move objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, and depth perception. The employee must be able to hear and will be subjected to loud noises.
Working conditions for this job generally include outdoor weather conditions, working near mechanical moving parts and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally working in wet, humid conditions, high, precarious places, and exposure to fumes, airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.25 /hour
- General Maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Florida Driver’s License (Required)
To apply for this job please visit www.youthranches.org.