Parallel is looking for a Manufacturing Operator for our manufacturing team. Responsibilities of the will assisting with the development and production of all marijuana infused products for distribution in Florida. Using our “Six Characteristics” (detailed below) as a compass, our goal at every step in the process is to deliver superior products to our consumers. The Processing Technician will ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, enforcing quality standards, troubleshoot issues, be a strong teammate, and effectively produce consumable products for the manufacturing team.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow Parallel Policies & Procedures for the daily operations and fully comply with state medical marijuana regulations
- Production of infused consumable products
- Ensures accurate and appropriate storage for all products
- Maintains quality control of all products
- Operates all assigned manufacturing equipment (Savage Fire Mixer, Hobart Mixer, Fuji Foremost Flow Wrapper, Gami Depositing equipment)
- Executes accurate recipe formulations, adaptations or conversions consistently
- Remains compliant with food safety and sanitation requirements
- Responsible for daily duties related to manufacturing consumable products.
- Enforces and complies with safety procedures and consults with department managers about safety issues that may arise.
- Maintain appropriate records related to quality control and improvement.
- Assist in recommendations for scalable procedures as company grows.
- Manage duties and responsibilities of additional technicians as company grows.
- Train and assess new staff.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- High school Diploma or equivalent required
- Food/Pharmaceutical manufacturing experience preferred
- Food Science/Culinary background
- Serve Safe certification required within first year
- Proficient math and measuring skills
- Familiarity with large scale manufacturing equipment/operations
- Ability to read and interpret recipes written in English
- Ability to work as a team member, be organized and have extreme attention to detail
- Passionate about the importance of medical marijuana
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- Must be able to regularly lift 50 lbs.
- Continually able operate/navigate standard office/computer programs and production equipment
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees and cross functional partners.
- Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time
6 Core Values of a Parallel Associate
- Integrity – We operate in a regulated and unchartered industry. Act and make decisions that stand up to scrutiny and reflect our position as a sophisticated, credible and respected leader. Be honest, trustworthy, dependable, and honorable. Demonstrate sound moral and ethical ways of interacting.
- Collaboration – We are a collection of the best talent at all levels. Learn and grow from this diversity: welcome healthy debate and proactively seek other perspectives and points of view to find the best solution while not resting on consensus. Proactively ensure the right people have the right information at the right time. Work as a team vs. an individual performer.
- Agility – We are growing incredibly fast in a new industry. Be open to change, be ready to pivot on the moment’s notice, and act with a sense of urgency to take advantage of opportunities. Then be ready to do it again. Quickly –and calmly -respond and adapt to the unexpected. Modify and streamline processes, find more efficient ways of doing your job. Work efficiently across markets, time zones, and functions.
- Intentionality – Intentionality requires action –it makes your intentions happen. Good thoughts are meaningless without action. It is initiative directed by the purpose to move our business forward. Intentionality is doing things important to you, even when not easy. Transformational change happens with intentionally.
- Alignment – Together, we must understand and believe in our vision, mission, business and team goals and priorities. When we make a decision, even when we don’t have consensus we all align behind that decision and execute. We don’t revisit decisions unless we have material new data or circumstances.
- Accountability – Make the best proactive and reactive decisions given the available information and the wisest counsel. • Own your decisions, actions and outcomes, and promptly correct mistakes. • Be reliable, honor commitments and do not finger point, off-load responsibilities, or criticize co-workers. Look after co-workers and team’s success.